What is wrong with Mathews?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by TRB, Aug 22, 2007.

1. TRB

TRB Junior Member

Hello All,

I am new to the forum as of yesterday. I have been reading as many post as I can and I have noticed that there is hardly anybody here that has had something good to say about Mathews.

Personally, I have a Bear that I received as a christmas gift about 8 years ago. It has been good to me but it is ridiculously heavy to carry around the woods. So I am in the market for a top of the line bow and was leaning toward a Mathews after picking up the Drenalin at a recent hunting show. I plan on going to the local bow shops this Saturday to shoot and compare as many as I can.

I was just wandering what your opinions on Mathews are and why?

Even though I have only read on the forum for about a day I have already learned alot of things and I am looking forward to learing more from everyone.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: to the forum. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Mathews. There's alot of good natured kidding that goes on here, especially with Bowman, who shoots Mathews.

3. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Nothin wrong with a Mathews bow, they make some very good ones.

We just like to rib each other a little bit back and forth.

I shoot a mathews XT for hunting and a Martin for spots.

My brand loyalty is more what calls my name when I am trying out new bows.

It's hard to find a "bad" top end bow.

Best thing to do when buying a new bow is to try out everything you can, never mind what name brand is on it, one of them will stand out for you, that's the one you want.

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Besides the fact that Mathews has been known to carry Rabies, there is noting wrong with them. :peace: :peace:

Actually there are many Mathews shooters on here and they make a great bow. You won't be sorry with a Dren (except for the rabies)

good luck

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I shoot a Mathews XT and I love it. I have heard nothing but good about the XT (except the joking around on here, cuz Bowman shoots a Mathews :biggrin1: )

I have no Brand loyalty either, Mathews is my current bow. Like what Gator Eye said, try them all and find the one you like. We like to joke here, but there is no real bashing until a newbie comes in and takes it the wrong way :noidea: :hug:

6. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

I shoot a Mathews XT hunting

Mathews Apex 7 spot and 3D

AND I LOVE MY MATHEWS:love: :love: :love: :love:

7. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

What's wrong w/ Mathews???

Nothing! I love me Switchback XT, heck I just ordered a new Mathews on Monday. :D

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Actually I think over 1/2 the site either shoots or has owned and sold a Mathews so there is defiantely nothing wrong with them. Since so many of us have had them though it make for fun banter to knock each other bows since we have hte same one sitting right beside us

9. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I have nothing againest hum.....top of the line bows because to me all bows are top of the line.each and every one.thats why i'm soooooo easy to get along with.:D

10. pilot

pilot Senior Member

FRED BEAR RUUULZZZZ!! :peace:

11. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:nono: :nono: :usa:

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Its because Bowman owns one. Otherwise there good bows!!!!!!1

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

heck I have owned 5 or 6 different Mathews and have 1 on the way.....

Prestige may bethe best short draw 3d bow ever produced, by any company....

My problems w/ Mathews, are only in that they dont always make it the easiest to get a bow the way you want it.....

for instance, when I got my Prestige, they gave me a hard time about the color combo that I wanted, my dealer took care of it, and I ended up getting it the way I wanted......

and if they came out w/some nicer clothes, i would be completly happy,

THERE BOWS ARE SECOND TOO NONE......and more importantly they fit me better than anything else right now.........

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What's wrong with Mathews???

Where should I start...???:tape:

There is nothing wrong with Mathews...Now the People who shoot them that's a different story...
    Real screwed up bunch there...watch out for them...:laugh:

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Oh I forgot...Welcome to the forum TRB glad you found us...:welcome:

16. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: TRB. Like everybody said, we give and take here. And you will be very happy with the mathews line. I have a few friends who work for mathews so I'm pretty sure you will be in good hands:welcome:

17. steve bear

steve bear Member

i have owned 50-60 +mathews,only found one i couldnt shoot.it was a lx...i parted it out....i have a A7 now ,well i think i have one,it was at our po & after our flood the po is under water.:Cry: :frusty:

Mansfield,ohio.

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Now watch it there buddy.:mad:

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Some are just jealous of them because they have been #1 for so long. I currently shoot a SB XT for hunting and an Ovation for spots.:p :biggrin1:

19. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hey don't get me started on this obsession you guys have with BLUEBERRY...:laugh:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah really is it blueberry koolaid or something.........???