What is wrong?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Hey, can you guys check these paper tunes I just did. Last Wednesday I was shooting perfect bullet-holes, but my arrows were not all sitting in the target parrallel today so I tried again. The left shots are 85 gr heads and the right are 100 gr from my 54# bow. NVM the images won't load, but I have a few cuts to the left and a few up and to the left. I also check the windage on the rest and it is right where it was last week, so???? Any ideas what would cause my bow to suddenly just become incompitent.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

are you shooting thru paper at the same distance as last week?

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Everything is the same...but something must be different.

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I would say do a walkback tune and see how that turns out. I am no big fan of paper.

5. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

what rest are you using? drop away, WB, Fixed?

6. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

How do you do a walk-away or whatever? I am using a drop away, and my timing cord has not slipped, and a vane contact test showed nothing.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

what kinda cams ya got
    has your launcher been on for a while
    has tha rest moved from its setting(gotten loose)
    are you using a from action each time
    is your stabs loose:noidea:

8. Holy Smokes

how old are tha cam bushings:noidea:

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Ditto!! I set everything up with lasers, levels, walk back tune, and it's always been good to go. :cool:

It's too easy to get false reading shooting through paper. ;)

Dan

10. Holy Smokes

yeah MV2 tha paper will get ya claose then I do a walk back to

11. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

It sounds to me...if you are shooting from the EXACT same distance as last time....that either your arrows are not all turned the exact same....

OR it is you....could be you slightly torquing the bow and or punching the release.

But if nothing has moved on the bow....I would almost put money on it that it is something you are doing. I would eyeball everything and then go group tune.

12. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

See the Archery how to section of this site it has a great explanition. I think it is the Thread "Improvised French tuning" or something like that.

13. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I may have been torquing some since my hand has a slice in it now that it didn't before. I was also punching a little bit. I worked a lot on that tonight. Thanks for the tips, I'll check the french tune thing. Now, why is my drop away giving me 40 perfect drops and then one random slow drop as evidenced by a vane powder test? Next shot is fine, it's just one in 40.Sand caught in it, ya think?

14. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

If you are creeping on your shot or if you pull harder your rest will drop at speeds that are a little different.

Most rest should be set to reach the up position around an inch or so before you hit full draw.