What kind of bow should i buy?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Ruth, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Ruth

Ruth Junior Member

hello,
    I'm from other country, sorry if my english is bad.
    i'm trying to find information about bows and archery. I would like to try this sport, but i dont find enought infomation. What kind of bow should i buy? I would like simple and not expensive one.
    Thanks for helping.

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hi Ruth and welcome to this place. We will need ta know a little about your taste and budget so we can give you the effective advice and we would love to know here you are from and alittle about you. Agian :welcome: Sm:smokin:kes

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome: We are glad to have newbies :wave:
    Let me be a little more specific on what these boys need to know to help you...
    Do you want to start out Traditional or Compound?
    What is your price range?
    Do you have a local Archery shop that could help you with Draw Weight and Draw Length?
    Do you want to shoot paper, hunt, or just shoot whatever you can? :biggrin1:

Ask all the questions you want. I remember asking some pretty silly questions when I joined the forums and they all got answered (and then hijacked :lol: )

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum Ruth...

Wheels is right...
    As far as simple and inexpensive...a recurve or long bow may be the way to start...you basically only need to know wether you're right or left handed...
    Where are you located???