What makes some realeases better than others?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I see so many of them but what is the difference.

2. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep..............just like with bows with so many that are alike its just a matter of feel for the shooter.

Now if your talking BT compared to Thumb compared to Trigger then there is alot of difference but with most similar releases its all about the feel for you.:peace:

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

theres a big difference between releases. You'll find in the more expensive ones there alot more adjustment in tension, trigger , matereials used to make, Strap adjustments Ect...........
    You definaltely get for what you pay for. You go to walmart and by one of there cheapo's and what you have is what you see. Hope it fits and is adjusted to you. and materials are usually cheaper also.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Tru-ball makes a very good release and i have several.....

I am waiting on the Evo Plus 4 finger from chris.....

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

.... like a bow, try a number of them before you decide. I like the Zenith BT type. I'm going to try a Cater and a Stan before I get another.

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Better releases have better triggers. A good release should have ZERO trigger travel. Adjustable spring tension is a bonus too.

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Exactly!!!!

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I've been looking at a Scott because of the trigger shape I do not like my Tru-Fire for that reason its curved like the trigger on a gun I like the straight trigger better.:peace: