what rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by I missed, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i have a two pronged rest on my bow and have nothing but problems with it but im not sure what rest would be better for me...........HELP!!!!

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What bow, what are you gonna do with the bow? Hunt only, 3D?

3. I missed

I missed Senior Member

parker hornet and deer hunting with beaman blackmax arrows if that helps

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If all you're gonna do with it is hunt, put a whisker biscuit on it.

If you're gonna shoot 3D with the same bow, something like a Ripcord or a QAD.

Can't go wrong hunting with a biscuit...:peace:

5. I missed

I missed Senior Member

a biscuit was my first thought but ive heard the whiskers effect the flight

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I really like the spot-hogg Whammy or the Quad Ultras

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Not enough to matter for hunting. They are an awesome hunting rest.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

i really dont like the way thats worded.....good enough for hunting....like we arent taking the life of a living breathing thing......:peace: :lol:

I really like the rip cord rest......

but for hunting there really is nothing wrong w/ a whisker Biskit.....

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I wasn't aware that I was required to word things to meet your satisfaction....:cool:

Biscuits slow the arrow down marginally. Biscuits decrease accuracy marginally. I wouldn't shoot at a Vegas "X" with one. I would however shoot at the vitals of a deer with complete confidence. If you want to argue ethics, go to the bowhunting section of AT.........:rockon:

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The bisciut won't effect your arrow as much as you think...They are a great hunting rest...:peace:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Another vote for the Ripcord. I put one on my bow last weekend and I'm very happy with it. :rockon:

12. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

what kind of problems you having? Ive used tm hunter style rests for 15+ years on my bows with no trouble, I hunt, shoot spots, indoor and out, and 3-d. I use the quike tune rests converted to drop away. lovem....

13. red44

red44 Senior Member

I'm not sure what problems he is having with his rest, but, Blackmax or similar small diameter shafts and prong rests is pretty dicey getting clearance especially if you have much offset or helical. Thats why I went to a fall-away. My son uses his wisker biscut. His groups are every bit as good as mine.

14. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

I switched from A TM hunter 2 prong to a biscuit 2 years ago and was sold for the frist 6 shots. At 30yds I can put 6 otu of 6 in a 2" dot and you have a hard time getting a piece of paper between the sahfts. I'm going to put one on my sons bow this year.:peace:

15. Been shooting a Drop Zone for 3 years now and still loveing it...for both hunting and 3D.....

16. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I went with the trophy taker this year and have zero complaints.

17. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

id go with the TT drop zone

18. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

TT dont make the drop zone. Trophy ridge does. LOL. TT makes the shakey hunter. Which I would recommend. I use a Trophy Taker Shakey hunter and have no no issues. TRy them all and make your own decision. also PSE makes a containment drop away that is very nice. The "phantom". I'd use it but I havent found a reason to drop the TT.

19. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

yup ur right sorry