What to do, What to do??

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by NerdHick, May 28, 2008.

1. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

Okay, here's the deal...

I have a '00 Chevy Silverado, extended cab with full 8 ft bed. Put new tires on her the end of winter '06. She has 137K miles & I have a topper I put on in the winter.

[​IMG]

Now for the bad things...

1. Fuel sending unit is going bad, possible fuel pump...gauge is working some days and not others.
    2. Shocks need to be replaces, starting to leak.
    3. Stearing bearing or bushing is gone and needs to be replaces, starting to get play in the wheel.
    4. ABS light and parking break light are on 1/2 the time and abs kicks in at low speed. I've read that many things can cause this. I think the sensors are bad but what do I know...

Should I fix the issues as need be or go into MORE debt and buy another truck??

I am still into this one for a little, less then the value so I'm in a good trading situation.

I've been looking for a white extended cab long box like this one but guess what, I CAN'T FIND ANOTHER! That may tell me right there what I should do...

AND now for the kicker...new baby due in February! That will make 3! :amen:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a 2000, and your having all these issues??

TIME TOO DUMP THE BOWTIE DUDE.......

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

In the long run what will be more sensible? If you can pay it off and do some repairs to keep it running for a long time I say do that. If it is going to nickel and dime you to death, you might be better to just trade up.:noidea:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Sounds like it is time to get a van with 3 youngin's

5. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i say take it in and see what the thell give you for it (trade value). if its not what you want i would take it to the top of that hill in the background of the pic and push it off the top. then clame it stolen! :lol:

6. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

The wife will be getting some van sort of thing...not me, someone in the family has to keep a truck..

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

talk to me before you buy anything VAN wise, I can give you the down low and maybe get you a pretty good deal......:wave:

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Bunny is now the Van Man....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep, sad aint it?.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

buy a new one, there is a 2500 rebate on most full sized trucks. I'd send that junker down the road.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

YUK:D it up boys, but wouldnt it be good to go to someone who just went through it, and is unbiased like a car dealer would be......:noidea:

12. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Id fix it..Plus no payments!!!!!!!!Ive had my 1997 11 years now and 175,000 miles later shes still puring. :rockon:

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yucking it up is what we do........:noidea:

14. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

guys, there ain't nothing like having no payments on a car, but it comes to a point where you gotta pull the trigger. It was hard for me to buy a new one, and I think it would be impossible to get a new car while expecting a new baby at my place, but since I can't have any more babies, I bought one. Dealership said they would give me $800 for my car, I sold it within 5 days for $2,800. :rockon:

Back in March the belt tensioner went out and replacing that and the serpentine belt was a real joy cause the alternator had to come out to get to it. My breaks were going out, some other wierd noises and stuff were happening, 128K, got a good deal and made the move.