what to do

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by the contractor, Jan 10, 2008.

1. the contractor

the contractor New Member

i am shooting gt 5575 with 2 inch blazers, and while targeting i see some woggle in the flight of the arrows. all 6 of them. it looks like the butt is trying to outrun the head. what the?

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hi!

First of all :welcome: to the forum
    And good ?
    It could be many things, i would suggest if you have 1 near u take it to a pro shop.
    if not then your gonna have to dig in to your:form,u might have changed something,your rest,might have moved,your nocking point,might not be set right.
    I have archers comeing over with this same problem to find out that after i set there bow up they desided they wanted to shoot a little faster so they cranked there limbs 1 turn throwing there nocking point off.
    With that said, it could be alot of things causeing it!
    Hope this helps and the more information u can give the more we can dig into your problem if it was just an arrow change the spine might be to heavy or light.
    Thanks for your ?
    keepem comeing!:biggrin1:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Is the woggle up and down or left and right?

4. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

:welcome: :welcome:

I would have to go with under splined if you are shooting over 64#. I believe that at the max dw for those are

55# @ 30"
    65# @ 29"
    70# @ 28"

This also depends on if you are shooting 100gr or 85gr tips. just check to make sure that you are over the grain per inch (GPI) for your bow.

and once again

:welcome: :welcome:

5. the contractor

thanks to all for welcoming me and offering replys. what is undersplined and yes i did crank my limbs up. i'm shooting 65# now.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

the spine of an arrow is the amount it will bend and still acurately and safely be fired from a bow. You did not mention how long your arrows are can you measure one and let us know how long it is? Another thing that will have a impact on spine is the type of cam you are shooting on your bow for example you can get away with a little less spine on a round wheel bow than you can with a harsh radical cam...:amen:

7. Timmer

Timmer Member

What kind of bow?
    What arrow length?
    What point weight?
    What kind of rest?

Has your bow ever been "tuned"? This is moving the rest and/or nocking point to achieve level arrow flight. However this is much easier to accomplish if your arrows are properly spined. Oh yeah, Welcome to the site.

Just thought of something else. If your arrows are under spined, you could lower your draw weight to help stiffen the spine a little. Sometimes this is a quick fix if you don't want to change arrows.

8. the contractor

i'm shooting a '07 tomcat, 30"arrows,whisker bisquit,100gr.points. Ididnt notice the problem until i cranked up to 65#. i have not added any string silencers or anything but old setting was 55# and the same arrows where shooting straight as ever,but through the chrono max was 248.Since i've got the smooth cam, I think I outsmarted myself by just cranking limbs to gain a stupid number.i would like to possibly switch to a different arrow shaft&vane,but i am more concerned with fixing the problem at hand

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

I think you just answered the ?
    And can solve the problem.
    1:you cranked your bow up
    2:didnt move the rest
    3:noticed the wobble after cranking the bow up
    Your probably getting Up-Down porposing,,nocking point is to high or low!:rockon:
    Set it and your problem is solved.
    If not we will talk about arrows and spine.
    Dont worry about that now you can shoot a heavy spin or light spine if your nock is set right. set it!:biggrin1:

10. the contractor

thanks for advice, on my way to reset nocking point then put 5-10 thru it and go from there,

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Also check front of center. around 7% is best IMO
    If it is tail heavy then it could cause it to.

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

O yes 5575 is spined in your bow range 55 to 75 pounds

13. Timmer

Timmer Member

Let us know how the tuning goes. Should help if not eliminate the bad flight.