What to do?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Mar 9, 2008.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well, did a little shed hunting today and ran across a couple dead bucks.... One of which my buddy that hunts around there had on trail cam. Well the question I have came up after I sent the pic around to a couple other friends. I guess another guy (buddy of a friend I sent the pic too) "thinks" the buck I found might be the one he shot at dark back in December and never found. Question is, do I give him the head and horns or just keep it, I can't be sure he's telling the truth.... he's always been a story teller since high school. What would you guys do????

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I would say no bigger than those horns are I would give it to him...:noidea:

3. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Tough to say, without knowing the guy personally. You are the one that worked to find the antlers. obviously, he was unable to find the buck. In my opinion, he forfeits the right to the antlers. It sounds as if you don't trust he is telling the truth. :noidea: Ultimately it's your call:wave:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'd probably let him have them....:noidea:

what would you do with them if you decided to keep them?

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

loosers weepers
    finders keepers
    especially in this instance
    if an item can be idenified to an indivual then it by all means should be in his possession. but if he is a friend then you decide what is the most vauable

6. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

keep them you did the work to find them

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

He is just one of those "punk" kids that shoot at deer and expect to find them.... Way I look at it, he caused that deer about a 400 yard trott and a then 50 yard swim worth of suffering.... I don't think he deserves the rack even though its barely 120"...??

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Just boil it out and add it to my collection of sheds etc...

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

sounds like you've got your answer....:lol:

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

It's just kinda one of those things....?? Good forum material.:noidea:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats what i would do.....you were the one to find it and I am sure the statue of limitations on the dead deer has run out by now......I mean come on, 2 and half months:noidea:

Dude its yours.....

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree, you found em so they are yours. :peace:

13. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

Only two thoughts if it was me

1 I am extremely glad those antler did not end up in one of my tractor tires.

2 Finders keepers!!

14. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Ditto...........

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

finders keepers i say

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Thanks for the opinons fellas... nice knowing what some fellow hunters think.

17. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

At first i was going to say to give them to him, but after reading this post and getting more of the story i say keep them unless he can prove beyond a doubt that its the same deer. I dont see how he could really tell, its an average 8 point...only 6,000,000 of those in illinois :doh:

18. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Keep them!!!

19. wp_bowmaster

wp_bowmaster Glad he is back!!!

Truthfully they probably died from blue tong disease especially since they were near water!!!:noidea: Kepp em!!!:peace:

20. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Most of the blue tounge deaths are early season, due to the gnats etc.. This deer seems to have died later in the year, as he had worn off most of the numbs around the bases from rubbing.... The time frame and location seem to fit just don't know?