what type of arrows do most target tournament archers use

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by yotie, May 3, 2008.

1. yotie

yotie New Member

i have bought a jva astro target bow and need to know what are the other choices of arrows that i can shoot. i am currently shooting 2312's with nib points.. due to kids and a wife, i would like to find a reasonable priced arrow without sacrificing the acuracy.. i've been thinking of goldtips new 30x but still a little pricey. any help! please..

ps: this site is the best that i have found. glad to be here.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: :welcome:

what kind of bow is that? I'm not familiar with it. what kind of target shooting do you do?

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

The Easton X7's are a good target arrow but there aluminum...:noidea:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep. you could use xx75 platinums a little cheaper, but again, aluminum.....:noidea:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

hey fiddle, what length arrows do you shoot? I might have some for you.

6. hoyt#1

hoyt#1 New Member

easton fatboys

easton fat boys are what target shooters are using if you get a dozen they will all weigh the same.:decision: once you go fat you wont go back:welcome:

7. yotie

yotie New Member

best arrows for target tournaments

thanks for all the replies.
    joey valley archery has custom made bows for target shooters. this is a used bow and ready to go. arrows need to be 29inches. inside nock to shaft end, without points. i will be shooting five spot and 3-d so if the fatboy xx7's
    are what you the experts are shooting then i guess thats it. FAT IS BACK!!

i have been shooting for about 15 yrs, but not tournaments. also looking to sell a bear g2 compound bow with 29' draw 60# pull with new zebra strings maybe 200 shots on them with cobra 3 pin sight & wisker biscit rest i'm currently using goldtip vaper hunter shafts 8.2gr with quickspin vanes and adjustable bhoning nocks.. i can put all six in side the x at 50 yrds. thanks again for all your help.. i laso do predato bow hunting, so if anyone needs advise on coyote hunting with a bow let me know!!!

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

weclome big guy:welcome:
    it would be helpful to know what type of cams ,the draw lenght, poundage you shot, and the brace hieght

Hey fellars here could be a possible offical arrow,in green:peace:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:wave:
    I need at least a 27 1/2" JC....:wave: :wave: :wave:

10. hawk2hunt

hawk2hunt New Member

Spots and 3d are two different games....I dont know many people that shoot the same bow much less the same arrows...I shoot a x7 2613(660gr. total) with 220 grains in the nose for spots and shoot a 3-49 easton A/C/C (385 gr.) for 3d as well as field events.

11. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Look at X-cutters you can get them for $60.00 for the Ultralights. And they shoot great.