what type of tournaments do you shoot?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, May 9, 2006.

1. 3D Archery

26 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. Indoor 300/vegas/etc

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Field Archery

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. FITA Style events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I was curious as to what types of archery tournaments you all shoot.

2. NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow Member

I voted 3D because it's the only type of competition shooting I have around here.. I shoot both indoor league and outdoor. I would shoot any of those listed above though, if they were offered in my area. I'm especially interested in spot shooting and field archery, but there are no leagues in this area.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

3-D is my favorite but I am really enjoying indoor 300 right now also.

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

3D myself, in picticular I really enjoy the T.H.E. Deermans shoots the best. They score more on hunter ethics than anything else. 15,12,10 on the scores and a wound is a -5. Why give points to someone for wounding an animal?

Now I would really like to get into some spots or field shooting, but both bows that I own are each 32" a to a. Would like to get a 37" bow for that, and may see if I can come up with the time. :biggrin1:

MoBowman ```---------->

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am thinking of adding THE deermans type scorring system as a seperate class at my clubs shoots, I wonder would there be any copyright vialations just for a single class? I think it would catch on. I think I will see if my buddys want to try this at a few shoots just between us.....Looser buys lunch......

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Bowman, contact Deermans and host a shoot, give everyone an opportunity to really get the feel as to how they like them. In Missouri last year we only had 2 Deerman shoots, This year there are 9 different shoots, including a Triple Classic and the State Championships. The concept is really growing out here and I'am sure that there will be even more shoots next year.

MoBowman ```---------->

7. Hiawatha

Hiawatha Junior Member

A 3D setup done right can't be beat.

8. bayou boy

bayou boy Junior Member

T.H.E. Shoots

I think Mobowmans right I say give Jimmy a call and talk to him he would be glad to visit you about it. 580-436-4943 or look it up on the3d.org . We love the sport of 3-D. Thanks.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I will keep this in mind for my winter ponderings this year as for right now my club would kill me if I took another day away from the rifle range!!!!:biggrin1: