Whats a Module?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by CJW, Dec 16, 2007.

1. CJW

CJW Junior Member

EX. You may have the bow adjusted at your local archery store with optional modules (not included) to change draw length from 24-31 inches (1 inch increments).

I saw this in a advertisment of a bow that I was looking at. What is it? And why do I have to have it to change my draw length? How much are they??:noidea:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

1. a small node, knot, or knob.
    2. a small, rounded mass or lump.
    3. Botany. a tubercle.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

That's a nodule. :doh:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Some bows have adjustable cams. some use draw length specific cams. some use a modular cam.
    The module is a section of the cam that can be removed and changed to change the draw length...
    I'm not sure what they cost but they're not too expensive...

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You DORK!...:laugh:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Modules bolt onto the cam to control draw length. They are different sized depending on draw length and they control how much buss cable is spooled up. The bigger the module the more string can be payed out and therefore more drawlength attained. Confusing, huh? :noidea: :lol:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey listen, I misunderstood his question.............:laugh:

8. CJW

CJW Junior Member

Yeah it is pretty confusing. I found them on the internet for 13.99. I just wanted to make sure they wasn't to high. Thanks for the help!

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Modules allow changes to draw length without having to swap cams or put the bow into a bow press. most if not all shops will swap out the factory modules (mods) with the proper one(s) to fit you at no charge when you buy the bow from them.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Ron