Whats everones stand locations look like

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bowcraze30, Sep 25, 2007.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

do you hunt a river bed, corn field , a funnel? what are some of your spots set up like

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I hunt a food plot in a small clearing just inside the woods bordered by an alfalfa field in an white oak tree. "IS NICE I LIKE" Some other places I hunt include treelines by cornfields and beanfields along with a few ridges and ravines.

3. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

i generally hunt over food plots, and have a few spots along a river bed

4. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

early season its field edges and ridges goin to the fields and the rut its big hollars and sink holes then late season back to the fields

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I hunt about 100yds up in the woods from a grow up field.Theirs an old dirt road that comes up out of the bottom through the woods and along side a clear cut.I have a stand in a big white oak 20yds from that rd.I've taken deer every year for the past 4 yrs from that stand site.Also several spring Toms.I have a stand on the other side of the field but the wind has to be right to get to it.I have to be in the stand at least an hour before daylight because the old road gets a lot of use from the deer.Been busted many times getting there to late.:frusty:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

in the woods....j/k . on the outside of a huge woods...on a powerlines....=]

7. ldavis512

ldavis512 Junior Member

a funnel in the middle if 2 big clearcuts that seperates an alfalfa field and bedding area. 10 days left till season starts!:laugh:

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Strip of wooded area between a cornfield and beanfield. The corn field and beanfield switch locations every other season. Makes things different each year and makes you think a bit. Nice 12 pointer taken out of there by an ex-buddie 2 seasons ago.

Had a funnel type situation that was awsome but lost that land access due to some idiot buddies of mine doing some stupid things and generally not being responsible.

Ron

9. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

View from my stand.

10. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

11. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I got a couple stands on field edges. I got one by a apple trees by a pond. And got a couple stands in funels areas between fields and bedding spots.

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Stands!

In a funnel on a creek bank leading to big oaks droping acorns.:biggrin1:
    2 stands set up in the same area 1 ladder 1 hanger about 200 yds apart.

2 stands set back inthe woods in a draw leading to a cornfield.

2 climbers in my truck, mobile where i need them.:peace:

13. jkg3117

jkg3117 Member

stand

it's hard to explain, but it's a saddle on a saddle! it funnels between two hollows. it's the narrowest point that opens up into a large oak flat. (LOTS of nuts down this year!) and some pasture fields below that. i also have a portable and i will hunt all over tha oak flat, and a few other spots. mostly funnels and feeding areas. Saturday baby......:peace:

"i'm a hundred miles away........and ready to strike"

Jim