What's your favorite ATV and why

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Chris, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

In my younger years, I used to race ATVs motocross. So I like my workhorse ATVs to be a little sporty and still fun. So far, my fav is the Yamaha Grizzly. That said, I haven't ridden the new Polaris 800 EFI. That sounds like fun.

2. CoyoteHunter

CoyoteHunter Member

My favorite atv is my suzuki quadzilla 500 for playing and going fast but as for hunting and working I went to yamaha rino and I realy like it

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey Chris if you think the Polaris looks nice, look at the new Suzuki King quad. That thing in 4 wheel drive will do a reverse wheely, no that is sick.

4. Chris

Reverse wheely, now that sounds cool. Sounds like an interesting quad. I'll have to check it out.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Its all in the torque man:peace:

Funny thing, archers want to get rid of the torque, motor guys want more torque.:noidea:

6. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

Chris I never figured you for a racer I have an old honda 250 R I raced it one year and then started chasing the ladies and fell out of it but I still have it. I like the polaris line but want a new suzuki

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

And I work on motors and shoot archery, guess thats my problem, well one of them anyway:laugh:

8. Chris

I grew up with dirt bikes and then started racing the quads. It was quite fun. I took 2 trips to the hospital in one year and decided that was enough. Both times were first turn wrecks.

9. yeah..I shoot like a girl

yeah..I shoot like a girl Junior Member

We have a 300ex..Corey wanted to get a 450r last year but he said he was getting too old(25)! lol! Anyway he bought a mule instead! Works out nice for the family and for him to haul his deer!

10. Sportsman

Sportsman Member

Polaris

Chris,
    The bylaws are being amended, no jap quads on the farms.:amen:

11. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, not to big but plenty of power to get the job done, weather it's work or play, easy to maintain and won't break the bank:rockon:

MoBowman ```--------->

12. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

My favorite is a Beta Rev 250. I can't pull much but it sure climbs well! And no that's not me but I can do that! (really)

13. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I race motocross and work on bikes I tried riding a atv on a track once because my buddy switched over from bikes. Felt like a total moron hanging in the air. Took one lap and that was it. I would much rather try to keep 2 wheels right on the track than 4. My wifes aunt and uncle just bought a new Kawasaki, for working around the property and with the horse stuff. pretty nice.

14. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

Yamaha Kodiak 450

This was my hunting buddy until the injury, now need to sell it. Awesome machine, has never let me down.

Yamaha Kodiak Ultramatic 450
    Green (Hunter)
    Liquid/fan cooled
    4 wheel drive with Shift diff.
    213 miles and 70.4 hrs
    With Moose wench with 50" adjustable County Plow blade with skid plates.
    No damage - great condition
    $4700.00 or best offer

15. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Yamaha Grizzly 700 w/power steering! Plenty of power and a great machine all the way around! My wife loves it too! It's not a cheap machine to buy, but we keep stuff a long time, so we like to buy the best we can afford the first time. (instead of wishing we had.) Jeff

16. Chris

I saw and advertisement for the new Can-am 800. What beast!

17. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

They're the reason (or my stupidity is the reason) I'm just now getting back into archery after a few back operations etc. (cracked a few vertabre) Anyone know anything about that all electric one? (I can't think of the name off hand, Senior moment). I'm not looking to do anything fancy other than getting my fat a** QUIETLY down the road. I read where you get about 28 miles to the charge. Should be enough for a weekend hunting.

18. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I am getting old and slow...

traded my ATV for a UTV.... love the damn thing ride around sitting in a real seat and if someone is with me they can ride without hugging on me:tape:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bad boy buggy??:noidea:

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Polaris Sportsman 500, year 2000, bought new, runs perfect and has been an absolute workhorse for 7 years and counting. I am going to need new tires though...

Forget those 700, 800, multi cylinder jobs... How fast do you want to go ? 35 on a utility quad is PLENTY fast enough, for those who actually own or run one. I do love the idea of EFI on those new bikes in the midwest climate... Mine runs rich in the warm months and idle during that time could be better. In cold weather it's perfect.

Ron