When did it become a "competition"

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pragmatic_lee, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Personally I think both this forum and AT (along with several others) have a lot to offer - some overlap, but yet some that is unique to each sight.

So why do some many folks here think there is a competition between these forums? It's kinda obvious (to me) that the owners of each forum don't look at it that way.

RK, while semi-retired from AT posts here often.
    3DShoots.com is a "sponsor" of AT

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Send me a PM if you would like a few of the answers.....

I would hate to have to take another VACATION from there for STATING FACTS that some mods over there dont like........

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am guessing he didnt really want the answers......:noidea:

4. Not that I didn't "really want the answers", it's just that I don't spend all day here. Well maybe I do stay logged in almost all day, but don't constantly refresh my screen.

If you have something you'd like to share, fine = PMs work both ways.

5. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

i had 1800 posts on AT . i quit posting because of the shop bashing and being questioned ( basically being called aliar ) still go there to hear about new things . but other than that it dont seem like anythings change there .

6. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

You just got to remember what section your on when on AT...

If you go to the hunting section and say you shot a spike horn in the gut at fifty yards, your going to get blasted....to many horn hunters and self rightouse people that never mess-up on there.

Same in the camp fire if your going to play in the politics you can't have thin skin.

The plus side is there is just about a answer for any question you could have. Not all of em are right but if you can wade through the crap you can learn something.

7. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I agree with everything stated above. I was a member and a founding member of "muntantville" But it seams you have to kiss-up to MOST mods or major players there to be even, if you dont your a nobody.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

as far as I can tell, it hasn't.........:noidea:

9. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

don't make the mods angry(you may need a favro from them someday)...and pretending to be all for their site and not stirring up business elsewhere makes them happy, and happy to help you. If you get the mods mad enough you go bye-bye.

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have the ability to co-habitate in several "rival" forums all at the same time. Maybe I'm a product of evolutionary advancement in temperment. Seems there are a select few that don't get along well in other environments.

:noidea:

11. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I just go where Slippy tells me :noidea:

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

People are just nice to you because of your unit. Your situation doesn't apply.....:peace:

And where are my broadheads......I have to keep pestering you because your like me when it comes to gettin stuff shipped out and season starts Oct 1 here... :biggrin1:

13. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am not sure if you could call it a competition......Well maybe. I have been a member here since 2005, I am only around 600 posts. I think on AT I have maybe 5. dont go on there much because most of the time I am looking at bows (dont need to be doing that with a baby almost here) but also because there has been on more than one occasion i will read a post on someone asking a question and there are alot of responses where they just lay into the person. kinda makes me mad. obviously he/she would'nt have asked if they knew the answer. I also see that Chris has ads for both his shop and this website over there....good for him, not a bad way to get the word out.

Also when I do go on AT I never see any posts about 3Dshoots, Kinda getting sick of seeing posts about AT over here

14. Radar

Radar Story of my life

WOW I didnt realize what a angry jerk I sounded like in the last post....not my intention

15. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

.doh! I don't have a new pack but I will send you a few that haven't been though anything....yet :biggrin1:
    but by all means...keep pestering!

16. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yes this is true and especially when needing to keep our bread buttered as well

17. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

were all brothers in my opinion :hug:

18. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

Not at all....at least not to me:noidea:

But there is a sub 3D forum over there....plenty of 3D talk going on in there:biggrin1:

19. Like BH said - there's a forum dedicated to 3D on AT

Thus the reason for my post/question.

20. J.C.

J.C. New Member

he meant 3Dshoots, the forum, not 3d shoots in general.