When is it "COLD" out?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Dec 6, 2007.

1. 40 to 50 Degrees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 30 to 40 Degrees

10.8%
  3. 20 to 30 Degrees

18.9%
  4. 10 to 20 Degrees

27.0%
  5. 0 to 10 Degrees

24.3%
  6. -10 to 0 Degrees

10.8%
  7. -10 to -20 Degrees

8.1%
  1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Everyone has a different idea of "COLD" as in throw on the extra layer of hunting clothes to go get the mail and putting on 2 pairs of wool socks to keep your feet warm kind of cold...

the kind of cold where if you pick up your bow your hand goes numb... that kind of cold. So what is everyone's idea of "COLD"? (assuming there is no wind)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

The kind of cold that freezes your snot when you breathe in through your nose. Thats what I consider cold.

3. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

anything under 68 deg.:D

Only 2 times I like it cold .
    Hunting season and striper season.

4. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Here is Minnesota it is cold when the thermometer says 0 or below. That isn't natural for the human body to be exposed to that, unless ice fishing, snowmobiling, or snowboarding:lol: :lol: :rockon: :rockon: :lol: :lol:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The ultimate in cold is -10 degrees with a 20 - 30 mph wind...

and wearing steel toe boots w/ cotton socks. :doh:

6. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

Dredly ever hunt the delaware water shed area?
    Hunted there one time,about 5 yrs ago, freind took me up there somewhere off of rt 309 I think and got a nice 6pt.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

only reason to hunt most of that area now is for drugs :mad:

you sure he didn't take you up 209? That runs right through the middle of the state forest, but there is a lot of state forest land up there... Not a big fan of that area. LOTS of transplants in there. you should see it during rifle season :dizzy:

8. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

it may have been 209 it was in the state forest land and we were up for the first day of rifle that year. never been back. lots of orange was around in them woods. But did see deer so i couldnt complain about that.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah the deer are in there, the GC leases out a lot of that area to farmers with the stipulation that they leave some of the corn unharvsted at the end of the year. They do Soy in there some years as well as some beans I think. Its a pretty good deal for the GC, get money for free, increase the deer population, charge speeders for going over 35 on 209 and get lots of drug busts.

its a money making operation

10. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

The problem with the poll is that it only goes to -20F. My definition of cold starts at -40F and a 20MPH wind on top of that. I experienced that when I went ice fishing in northern Maine. I put a hamburger on a charcoal grill and it took an hour to cook that darn thing. The cheese that we put on it didn't even melt.

11. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

It's cold in Michigan this morning..........

My thermo was touching 9 degrees this morning.:dizzy:

Way to much winter left for it to be this cold aready.:censored:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

if its cold enough to freeze water so thick that you can cook on it then its a good reason NOT to be outside :biggrin1:

13. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Seems the older I get the less cold I can handle. if I can get the pix from my buddy, I'll post some here. He was in the Air Force (20 yrs) and his MOS dealt with weather and he spent time in the Artic, Antartic plus Greenland. I get frostbite just looking at the photos.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Typically when the mercury in the thermometer freezes it means you shouldn't be there :laugh:

15. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

AGREED!

it's been a long time since I have felt "Real" coldness, but 30-40 is cold enough for me to still be able to be somewhat comfortable.

20-30 is getting a little too cold.

Of course I don't have any of the newer fancy winter clothing to see just how cold I can go :noidea:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Single digits here this morning and I was fine.
    I'm in the -10 and below category when I begin to not like it at all...
    I'm just biding my time waiting for some of the farm ponds to get 3 or so inches of ice on them so I can break out the auger and do some ice fishing.

The past few years we have not had a lot of hard water around here... This year looks to be a different story.

Ron

17. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

0 to 10 degrees w/ the wind blowing!!

That's plenty cold for me!!

18. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

are you guys being serious or is this a 'Who is tougher' contest :noidea: :lol:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nope, at less than 0......the ice fishing holes glaze back over within seconds.....thats how I know its cold......I love ice fishing, but if you are constantly cleaning the ice back out of the holes its not alot of fun.....:noidea:

cold also depends on the activity you are doing.......when I am cutting firewood, and its 10degrees it doesnt bother me as much as if i am sitting and waiting for a deer.....:noidea:

20. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

You can't talk about manly things with that avator!!

Doesn't that pic violate some kind of man law?:noidea: