When looking through my peep

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Is the round guard on my sight supposed to be unobstructed? When looking through my peep the cable guard and strings are blocking the right side of my sight guard. The pins are unobstructed but I didnt know if the obstruction would cause error in centering.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:doh: :doh: more cable gaurd problems.......

3. Southernfryedyankee

Hey, ohhhhhhhhh exalted one. You forgot to answer the ? HAHAHAHA

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I have not seen many bows that have this problem. What type of bow is it?

If it is in the sight window slightly, just ignore it an continue to center the peep around the sight aperture.

5. Southernfryedyankee

A Bowtech Tribute

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I shoot pretty good with cables and slide in the way. You just have to learn how to center it with them there. I line my pins up with my string to make sure it is center.

I was told yesterday that sometimes when the draw length is too long, this can make you torque your bow. :noidea: mine is 1/2 inch too long

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I have an 06 tribute so I just checked it. for my setup, the cables are just on the very edge of my peep. Measure the centershot from the top center of the arrow to the inside of the riser and let us know what you have it at.