When waxing bowstring

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Sep 6, 2006.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Do you guys wax your string loops also or not????????:noidea:

I had'nt thought of it until just a while ago. :peace:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I never have... never really thought about it either

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

waxed

Yeah ol Poppa Dean when asked this question in '76', we had just got new compounds Bear Polars, he still had his stick and infromed us "It's part of the sting is'nt it" I have never forgot that for Poppa Dean was a real live old time deer slayer in SC and what he said was the gospel and I was all ears. God Bless, Holy Smokes:amen: PS The next morining he harvested a dandy 6 point!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

How many people wax there center serving, or end servings??????

I must have been under a rock all this time, great now i have to go buy a WB......cuz I had no idea.....:laugh:

5. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

Wax

I do wax my d-loop. Be careful not to put to much on, it will get into your release. The only reason I do that is because I had a d-loop break on me before and it wasn't pleasant. The new one started to fray but not a lot so I keep waxing it. The cause of the breaking d-loop was from a bur on the release.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Couldnt this happen even if the dtring loop was waxed?:noidea:

I am really not sure and that is why I am asking......

7. piethon

piethon Member

I do all of my string, the d-loop, and the cable for my Trophy Taker.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

Finally some common sense from you Adam its about time. Get yourself that WB and things will get so much better for you.:doh:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

You will never have to worry about your little WB being out of stock because I bought the last one.......

If it was the last rest left on the shelf I would either by a recurve or give up hunting.......

10. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

Yeah, it was going to happen regardless, but when I got a different release the d loop started to fray a little so I chose to start waxing the d loop and I haven't had to replace it yet. My personal preference only! My brother chose to do this also and it ended up ruining his release because of all of the wax buildup.

11. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I know this goes against what most think and do, but I shoot my bows almost on a daily basis. Target, 3D and hunting. Get new strings almost yearly. Frankly, a new bow almost yearly and add custom strings right from the start. I take very good care of my equipment, but rarely do I ever wax a string---maybe once a year. I don't get fuzzes or broken strands or anything.

It's not like I haven't been around. I started shooting compounds competitively in 1973.

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I shoot at least 3 - 4 times a week and wax my strings about once ever 3 months. Normally increase that to about every 3 weeks during hunting season, just because of the extra elements my bow has to deal with :)

13. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I dont wax my stings on a time frame, just everynow and then when im thinking about it, I dont wax my loop of the served areas, if it looks like its freying bad, ill replace it, wont hide it with wax.....

14. BowhuntnHoosier

Must be nice, I do not have the funds for a new bow every year or custom strings. I am married with 2 kids and my archery money is dwindling with all the purchases I have made this year. So if I can add to the life of my strings with a little wax now and then I'll do it. You are truly a lucky man and I am very envious. :peace:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have to come clean, I may have waxed my string on my year and half old Switchback, maybe 3 times and that was while shooting all summer 3-ds, three leagues and last years hunting season, and I have to tell you the string is in pretty good shape......also I have never waxed a string loop or any of the served areas........