where u huntin?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Sep 9, 2007.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

im just curious how many people hunt public ground, farms, riverbottoms etc. and how much ground u got to hunt .. my dads best friend is a farmer with 1500 acres here in IL its mostly fields with big hollars and sinkholes

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I hunt 3 small farms, 100, 300, and 400 acres
    Then there are a bunch of state forests around me from 300 to 2500 acres...:noidea:

3. red44

red44 Senior Member

1 piece of woods of about 200 acres, along with several other bow hunters. Gun season is nuts. I also have a couple stands in small patches barely legal from housing developements. Hot spots come gun season, I use the bow in these spots. Everything is low ground, sometimes flooded up so you need a canoe to get to the stand, hip boots are the norm. There's little elevation change, perhaps 10' at most in the whole area.

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I hunt!

6 tracks totaling 2000ac. Private lease huntclub with 4 bowhunters and about 6 crossbow hunters!
    Big oaks,some farm land, river bottems, all 15 miles away.
    And on my little 7.5 ac if the right buck hangs around my house too long!:lol:
    Also hunting this year in Adams & Pebbles county Ohio Halloween week with an outfitter!:biggrin1:

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

The same place for 35yrs...Mark twain forests and a stretch of land along the Big river bottoms that i can only reach by conoe.....and the wind has to be right.Just a few more days...can't wait.

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hunt 500 acres of public land that gets almost no archery pressure.

I also hunt my hunt club 100 acres that buts up against a park.

7. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

archery season- 160 private acres farm/timber pasture (my parent's farm-right behind my house)...have all to myself, although id like to get my dad started with archery

shotgun/muzzleloader season- 7-800 acres of private farmground i share with 5-6 other guys (family owns the farms)

All in IOWA

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

one spot i hunt in is about 500+ ac. of public land and it just me and one other for bow season. my other spot is a huge area and i dont even know how big it is....there could be 100 people in it during bow season and we would never see each other...... just the way i like it!

9. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I hunt my 126 acre farm in central Missouri.

Mo.Hick