which bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wolf44, Feb 19, 2007.

1. wolf44

wolf44 Junior Member

I need a little help, I going to buy a new bow probably a parallel limb bow.I have several gift cards to bass pro so i will probably purchase from them. I am a 31 inch draw bass pro has recomended a XSC 33 is this a good bow. Bass pro is telling me that alot of bows only draw to 30 inch is this true or are they just trying to sell red head bows. Any help would be appreciated.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

There are alot of company's that cater to the 28-30 draw range.....so I know how your feeling right now......( 27" draw for me) I have no experience w/the bow you mentioned....maybe a lnk to a pick and some features and specs may help.......

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh and by the way welcome......:welcome:

4. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

:welcome: :welcome:

Try shooting a couple brands around you locally, if you can. Close your eyes (if you're comfortable) and just "feel" the bow. What does it feel like when holding it up ready to shoot. Always nock an arrow when drawing it back.......Things can go bad quickly. :biggrin1:
    Find someone knowledgable to help you out. You can get a bunch of help here too. Good bunch o' guys here.

two_shoes

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    What type of shooting are you lookin' to do...target, 3d, hunt???

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Howdy there Wolf44 :welcome: to the forum.

Excellent suggestions here. And yes it is true several bows only go to 30"DL.

Post up any questions you have and we will be more than happy to try and answer them for ya.

7. wolf44

wolf44 Junior Member

Hey guys thanks for all suggestions. I mainly hunt but I try to shoot year round.I have shot a few of the new parallel limb bows and they all feel great to me.I have shot the same bow for about 8 years and its time for a upgrade.They are so many options out there at different price ranges I just wanted a little advice on what would be a good bow or what to stay away from.

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

:welcome:to the forum. Yes, a lot of bow models only go to 30". How tall are you? Here's something you can try. Take a wingspan measurement across your chest. Measure fingertip to fingertip. Do not let the tape bend across your chest. Now take this number and divide by 2.5. What is the total?