Which Bowpress

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay Are, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I have read and have been told by other people that this press is great and that bow press is great… but at the end of the day for the average shooter that wants to work on their bows: What would everyone consider the best Bowpress for the money?

Ultra, Gritty; Apple, EZ Press, Sure-loc and any other that I don’t know about???? :noidea:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am gonna vote for EZ press from Last chance:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

EZ Press :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Had to 1 up the bunny

4. fissionarchery

fissionarchery Member

EZpress

Three votes for the EZpress!By far the most versatile press I have ever used and very EZ to adjust from one bow to the next!

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Isn't it like 500 bucks? :Cry:

6. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

I know a guy who is attempting to clone one, yeah they aint cheap, but what great design.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you mean violate their patent and steal the design, and thus break the law

8. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I'm stingy with my money....so i'll say the bowmaster portable...40$....but seriously if i worked on a lot of bows i'd buy the best that money could buy.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

500??

its more than that.........:lol:

10. QSA

Patent law does not cover you making yourself one. But it will never be as good as theres.

11. QSA

I shot with the guys that make it.

12. rpford53

rpford53 Member

EZPress, already bought one about 6 months ago. Hands down the best press you can by, oh I now have two Apple Presss' for sale.

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah I'm with you. I have a bowmaster and it's a little bit of PITA to use but it works very well for a do-it-yourselfer like me. That and it don;t take up any space, which is good for me.

If I were going to get a 'real' press I'd probably stringly consider the Sure-Loc X-Press...

Ron

14. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

with tha new bows I am sure tha xpress is fab
    I have been doing tha apple fer 17 yrs and recently got a super comp it does that trick on all tha new bows as well and is some what less than tha xpress if ya shop

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have the ultra press made by gritty on AT. Since you mentioned "for the money", I doubt you'll beat this one. If you get the CSP (cam spanning pin) kit, you can press anything.

16. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

there is also some rig(i dont know who makes it)that is one or two better than the bowmaster, it uses a ratcheting tie down type strap like on a dolly and aluminum brackets for the limbs.

17. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

you can get an omni press on ebay for like 140

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

He was on here selling them... good luck with em. My bow is never getting hooked up to one though... especially when you push that nice little button to release the pressure and the limbs go from pressed to unpressed instantly

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah that might work out in the feild in an emergency but not on a regular bases......

20. gpalma

gpalma Junior Member

Get the one with product liability insurance. Most of the basement bandit, knockoff copiers don't have it.