Which broadhead

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by papito, Nov 1, 2006.

1. papito

papito Petering it since 06

Hi again, i'm looking at getting some new broadheads, i'm going to get muzzys. Which is better the muzzy 100 four blade, or the mx4.
    thanks, papito

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have been shooting the 125gr 3-blade for several years and love them. I have shot the MX4's and they flew great but have never hunted with them yet. I think either one will perform great for you. Good luck:peace:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

start new thread

Hey Gents, Could some one please instruct me hoe to start a new thread. :doh: Thanks A million< Holy Smokes

4. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Depends on what you are shooting. I believe that the new MX-4 are A little shorter for faster bows. I don,t think that you can go wrong with either broadhead. You might also take A look at the G5 strikers. I am hearing at the shop they are getting very impressive results and are extremely sharp.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so I was trying to find on that sight about the original Muzzy 4-blade and as far as I can tell they said it also failed as did the MX4.......well hogwash the Muzzy 4-blade is the best fixed blade broadhead on the market.....IMO.....I try not to shoot peices of wood while I am in the woods....other than the ocassional limb that jumps in my way......oh and they found falure after 19 shots??????
    I usually dont have to shoot each broadhead 19 times before retireing them....if they take an animal they go on the shelf along w/the spent shell cassings that have takin an animals life......It did its job let it rest......

6. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

I don't think they say anything about the regular Muzzy 4Blade.
    In the forums, they say they will test it next year...LINK.

Also, exact quote was:
    Who said anything about giving it a bad rap because it would not last 19 deer?

It is a comparison between heads. So if it failed at 19 passes and all others failed at 10 passes, he would say it the best. But that has no real world bearing on hitting a deer. It is for COMPARISON purposes.

He is not saying the MX4 is bad because it failed at 19 shots, but that it is actually was pretty good and was in the top 3rd of all heads tested.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

right in the first sentence I beleive it says the last time around the Muzzy's all though does not speciffy which one, says it went down in flames.....

8. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

*sigh*
    Took me two seconds to go back to the site, navigate to his list,
    See this: Muzzy 75gr
    Click it and see:
    His fail point was flight with an untuned bow at 280fps

He also shot a tuned bow at 327!!! FPS, far above what most people shoot.
    The super fast bow in tuned state ended up acceptable.
    He has since added a slower 'tuned' set-up as a result of reader feedback.

So, guess they have not done the 4 blade yet.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Actually it doesnt matter....I like them and if they say failed does not mean I will stop using them.......they are a great head as most of them that are on the market......

10. Scottie

Scottie Member

My brother harvested (2)deer on our trip recently with the MX-4. Spined a doe right underneath him. The broadhead went through the spine and out the rib cage.
    No broken blades, tip looked good.

Doubled lunged a buck. Broadhead went through rib cage on both sides, complete pass through with no broken blades, tip looked great.

Good enough for me! We've used the 3-blade muzzy's for years with the same results.

11. big scores

big scores banned from AT

sorry to hear that you chose muzzy. but try 3 blade.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Actually I am sorry also......Sorry for the animals you choose to hunt.....

13. Scottie

Scottie Member

:loco: I'm not saying Muzzy's are the best, but you certainly cannot dislike them.