Which Broadheads???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Razrtec Kid, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Razrtec Kid

Razrtec Kid Junior Member

First of all i am new to the site. As i read the threads i am impressed by all of the bowhunting knowledge you all have and i was just wonderin if you guys could use a little of it to help me. I have been shooting NAP thunderhead 75 grains but they are tailing of to the left a good amount when i shoot them. I was just wonderin what a good broadhead was that flies the same as your field points. Thanks for all help.

Jake

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

NAP makes good broadheads. I would suggest you download a copy of Easton's Tuning Guide from their website and follow it. I have found that ANY broadhead can be shot to the same POI as filed points if the bow is tuned to do so. This is one point. The other is that the arrows must be spined within the parameters of the bow.

Yours are shooting to the left. Assuming your bow is tuned somewhat, then you can move your arrow rest to the right, moving broadheads toward the direction of your field points. Another way is to play with the peak weight of the bow. Turn the weight up a turn and see if this helps, if it does then your arrows are stiff. If it gets worse then back the weight down till you get desired results. If this works then shoot the bow at the lower weight, or get lighter spined arrows, or heavier tips, or a combo of all three.

Easton's Guide tells all this, and a lot more.

3. Razrtec Kid

Razrtec Kid Junior Member

Thanks for the reply i will have to look into the easton guide. I see u are PA i too am from there. I live in Kennett Square.

Jake

4. tyshe17

tyshe17 Junior Member

I use to have a good bit of trouble from fixed blade broadheads. However, the problem always boiled down to one of 3 things: nockpoint, centershot, or not having the blades lined up with your vanes. Since then my fixed blades group great...they dont group right with my field point (about 2-3 inches low) but one sight adjustment lead to three deer on the ground within 50 yds and 3 pass throughs!

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Good flying fixed blades.. There are many. Since you like NAP check out the crossfire and nitron. Also check out Slicktrick broadheads. These should fly the same as field points. This assumes you bow is tuned properly. The tuning guide mentioned above is a good idea.

6. Keith61

Keith61 Junior Member

Have You checked Your Arrow Rest?

Have you checked to see if your arrow rest is centered correctly? Sometimes if your rest is too far to the right your arrow will kick to the left.

7. Keith61

Keith61 Junior Member

Hey man, did you see my post on aligning your arrow rest? I'm new in here and trying to figure out how to send and receive massages.