Which One

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowcraze30, Aug 15, 2007.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

I need Help deciding i am going towards field point accuracy but dont want the sacrifices of a mechanical. but if you had your pick would u choose

SpitFire or Slicktricks

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Muzzy 3 blade...:biggrin1:

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I've shot both and like both. However, I will be shooting slicktricks and Rage this year.

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

A lot of good BH's are on the market and most any will get the job done.I also use the Muzzy 3 blade and have never had a reason to change.It's just a personal preference and confidence thing for me.GL

Darton cyclone
    Easton arrows,extreme sights,cobra rests,cavilier wrist slings.
    Take a kid hunting and fishing with you and you'll have a friend for life.

5. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Between those two heads I would choose the slick trick.

6. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

how similar do slick tricks shoot to your feild tips?

7. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

ME TOO MUZZY HAS MY VOTE

8. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Of the two I would choose Slick Tricks also. Answering your second question as to how close they impact with field points?

How well they shoot and where they impact is not normally a function of what broadhead you shoot, although some may differ. It's a matter of how well your setup is tuned to make them do so. And another piece of the puzzle is whether you can shoot well enough to tell the difference, but basically it's in the tuning.

Been shooting and bowhunting for 35 years now and had my share of problems over that time with broadhead flight. But somewhere around 25 years ago a figured out that the problem was not with the heads. It was how well I aligned the heads with the shaft and then tuned the whole setup as a "well oiled machine".

It takes time to learn and time to tune. The more you tune the more you learn. That's why I hardly ever quit messing around with my bows. Some of the fun is just personal pleasure in trying to achieve perfection.

9. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

alright thank you

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Slick Tricks are the best replaceable broadheads I have used in 40 years of bowhunting:cool:

Dan