Which rest for 3-D & Hunting?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BinaryBoy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BinaryBoy

BinaryBoy New Member

I own a bowtech Tribute that i mainly use for hunting. I would like to start going to a few 3-D shoots in around my area, but i want to make a couple changes to my bow so it will shoot well for both activities. Mainly i need a new rest. Right now as you can guess i use a Fuse Whisker Biscuit which in my opinion is unbeatable for hunting. That said, i think i loose alot of velocity and i just find it hard to belive that those whiskers don't do throw my groups off a little. My other problem is that i use the G-5 Montec broadheads which have been great with the few animals i've taken. They group good out to 30 yards but beyond that they start to wonder a little. Soooo i would like to use helical vanes which i beleive would tighten the groups a lot, but obviously can't be used with the biscuit. I should add that i don't want to be switching rests back and forth and re-tuning in between hunting and 3-D. Without rambling on more im asking for anybodys opinion on which rest (Drop away i assume(?)would be good for both hunting and 3-D? Arrow containment is a big deal with me as its the last thing you want to worry about while drawing on an animal. The new Trophy Taker X-treme FC looks like a good one. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    Myles

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

First of all :welcome:

I use a trophy taker for target, but the new one that is a full containment would be fine for hunting. My hunting rigs have trophy ridge drop zones on them though...the arrow doesn't fall off the shelf. As far as 3D I use both, just depends on what class/bow I am using that day!

3. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Hello and :Welcome: to the forum.

I use a trophy ridge drop zone on both my bows for 3d and hunting.

4. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

I'll jump on the TR train, I use one for hunting and 3-D and love it...I started using the WB when I just got into the sport, those are nice for beginners!

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I just picked up a Trophy Taker rest and am pretty impressed, I will be looking at a shakey hunter come hunting season......

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I use a TM Hunter on my hunting/3D bow....:noidea:

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Now that's OLD SCHOOL!.........:rockon: :D

8. bullfiddle

It's worked for almosst the last 20 years?....:noidea:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Don't be so sensitive..........:hug: :D

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he does get sensitive sometimes dont he.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he misses the CAT.....:lol:

11. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I have QAD Pro LDs on both of my hunting bows.

I just bought a Whammy to try on my ShadowCat for target. It has a cobra on it now.

Trophy Taker on my protec now. I have a NAP QuickTune 3000 micro that I want to try on this bow.

I'll figure it out one of these days.:laugh:

12. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yep, it's definately the cat........:D

If it makes you feel any better fiddle, I think I'm gonna put a GKF 3D Premier that I've had laying around on my bow.........:noidea:

13. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Darn good rest. I bought this one for a back-up and never had to open it.

[​IMG]

14. bullfiddle

Now that's what I'm talkin about.....:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

15. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

I like my BoDoodle....

16. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

trophy ridge drop zone for hunting
    3D QT 3000
    Spots TT Drop rest :smokin:

17. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I like the limb driver rests on Binary cam systems. I see they're coming out with a camo one this year!
    Ben

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WELCOME to the forum I like the Ripcord. Full containment in a drop away at a good price. I love the WB but wanted to try something different this year. Good luck. By the way that Tribute is an awesome bow...............whoops I forgot I'm a Mathews fanboy.:lol:

19. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I don't think I could do any better than my TR drop away. It works for hunting target and 3d shoots.

20. joesigep

joesigep Refusing to Follow !!!

I would say your best bet is a Trophy Taker...I have had nothing bu good experiences with them.