while on the trip to Maine...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jun 14, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the new wife took me to LL Bean.......and the Kittery Trading post.......

I was very supprized to see the nice selection at both stores....

the Kittery is a Mathews and Hoyt dealer......the technician supprizingly was very knowledgeable....:noidea: they had about 40 Xt's, 40 LD's, 40 Drenalins, 10 Ovations, 10 Mustangs, 30-40 vectrix's, 10 vulcans, and a few other models......so that explains why the wait for some bows is so long.....:biggrin1:

overheared the "tech" at LL Bean....had to walk away....:tape:

but there fishing section was huge....

still couldnt find the fishing line i am looking for......

I did find one thing I have been looking for......the choke tube wrench for my Reminton 870......been looking for a few years for one......found one at each store....I bought it at the kittery.....7.49......then found it at LLbean for 6.49:doh: shoulda waited.....

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

So did you act like a rookie and ask some questions to test the tech??? Just PM WPBowmaster and maybe he can help you find the fishing line for ya.:peace:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

no I talked at length about different bows w/the guy at the Kittery.....very nice guy......he knew his stuff.....he shoots a Vectrix....

I never even thought about cody for the fishing line....I am not sure they even make the stuff any more......I loved the stuff but it wasnt very popular....

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and by the way......any of you guys from near Maine or the like.......we passed the signs that said future home of Cabelas.....right on I-95.....

this may have been brought up allready but if not......

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

by the way.......LL Bean......had 5 Ross Cardiacs in stock.....nice feeling bow....did not get a chance to shoot it but it does feel like a nice bow.....:noidea:

6. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

KTP is an awesome store. I stop there on every trip to Maine.

7. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

WOW.. So neat to hear you went to my old stomppin' grounds! Kittery Trading Post and fresh Maine Lobster are the two things I miss the most!

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont care for the seafood, but the coast was awsome and it made the unit happy, so all is good.....and plus, now I get at least 10-12 me trips, fishing, shooting....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

But you would have gotten those trips anyway.:doh: Because you have such an understanding unit.:noidea:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

this is true.......but now i dont have to ask as far in advance:tape: :biggrin1:

11. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

Bowman,
    If you like fishing so much, then I suggest that you take a trip up the Allagash Wilderness Waterway. The entire rip will last about 10 to 12 days. The Thing is that you have to start at the Telos Landing and go all the way up to the town of Allagash. By the way, that will be a canoe (paddle) trip. This includes having to portage around the Allagash Falls, and running the Chase Carry Rapids. I think that you might enjoy that trip. That is close to my old stomping grounds.

Bill
    AN OLD MAINIAC:peace: