Whisker biscuit or prong rest for hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 7, 2007.

1. WB

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Prong rest

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I have both and my prong rest is already mounted and tuned. I also have a WB. Which would be better, I will be hunting from a blind and the occasional treestand.

2. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I voted prong, but i would prefer a drop away over anything:thumb:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Whisker

I shoot WB's on both of my bows, one less thing to think about! They can be difficult to paper tune but once they are set up they are hard to beat for around $30. I am beginning to consider the QAD pro series drop aways though, they are just too expensive $100 for a drop away!:doh: :doh:

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

ive never used anything but a prong rest, but i just got a new bow and it has a wb on it... i kinda like it, but i havent hunted with it yet. so i dont think i vote on this one.

5. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i had a wb and was gonna use it for huntin but it tore my fletchings up so bad from praticing i had to ditch it before deer season

6. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I shoot blazer vanes with my wb and they do fine, shot the same biscuit for 2 years without replacing it, still looks new! I don't understand why fletchings get destroyed and wb's get mangled. I seem to have good luck with them I guess, just make sure the wb is the right size for your arrows!

7. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I just put on the WB and I am

Just as impressed with the WB as I am with my prong rest. it took a few minutes to 10yd tune but I am about 1-1.5" high @ 10 yds but in the middle of the diamond so I am happy. I like the WB because the arrow doesnt fall off and since I have blazers I am not seeing any rippling. I definitly like the security of the arrows staying on my rest so I may practice with the WB and make my final decision b4 I hunt.

8. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I wouldnt use a prong rest again even if they offered to pay me.

Rick

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I personally love my WB but killed deer with a prong too. So its all about what you trust and confidence in your equipment. By the way this year I am hunting with my Ripcord.:tape:

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

No not me!

Ive been shooting Fang rest for :noidea: As long as ive been shootin!
    WB wouldnt have one, dont need it!:biggrin1:
    Drop away, I may try one next year on my soon to be new target bow!
    I dont waste money on things that arnt gonna make me shoot or hunt any better!:biggrin1: