whisker biscuit problems

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by atapro, Oct 6, 2006.

1. atapro

atapro Junior Member

What fletchings work best for this style of rest? keep having problems with fletchings blowing off after several shots. I use aae fastset glue and goat tuff glue for applying fletching. The pro shop uses blazers,duravanes,quikspins, savage vanes. They all seem to come off after several shots.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Blazers are perfect for whisker biscuits. Make sure they clean the shaft with denatured alcohol (not acetone) before gluing. You do not need to clean the vane. After the vane is glued dab a small drop of glue on the front side of the vane. This will keep the whiskers from getting under the front of the vane.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

only because I have too.......trade in the Wisper Bisquik and get a Ripcord, full containment and zero fletching contact.......

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Do not listen to Bowman, he is in denial. Listen to Chris and be sure to clean the arrows. Blazers are the greatest, do not use quickspins with the biscuit though. Good luck the biscuit is the best hunting rest hands down.:peace:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its not denial its knowing there is something better out there and seeing my freinds waste there time w/less than the best........:biggrin1:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Da-Nile: A river in Egypt.:doh:

I love my biscuit. Nuff said.

7. Frank

Frank Member

I have been looking and I believe a quality drop away rest is the way to go. eliminate any contact problems once you have them timed right. What do I know though I still shoot the good old tm hunter shoot through prong style rest.Slowly changing my ways.LOL

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

There is nothing wrong w/a TM hunter, tried and true.......

kid tested mother approved.....

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I loved my TM Hunter but once I tried the biscuit I was sold. Ease of tuning,full containment,price,no moving parts to fail.:peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WB are for girly mans......

11. ArcherWolf

ArcherWolf Junior Member

In my opinion, the N.A.P. Quicktune 360 Capture Rest is the best solution for anyone that wants to use a full containment rest. As you can see from the picture below, There is an adjustable post launcher and two containment brushes which allow your fletchings to pass through the rest with absolutely no contact. With a small piece of felt on the post laucher this rest is deadly silent. The 360 is also has the advantage of being able to adjust to different diameter shafts if someone is inclined to change arrows from time to time or for a specific application which makes this a much more versatile and tunable rest than any other containment rest.

[​IMG]

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how much do they sell for?

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

who cares buy a WB!

I'm not a big fan of drop aways for hunting, especially if you draw and let back down. And yes I use a drop on my target bow and love it, but I hated hunting with it.