Whisker Biscuit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by trussoni, Mar 4, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Is the only problem with them the loss of like 5fps? I have had people look at me like I should be in the loony bin or something when they ask me if I like mine and I say yes. People ask if it ever gives me trouble, once again I get that look. Whats the deal?

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Actually you only loose ~2fps. It's all personal preference. If I were to build a 3D only bow I'd probably try out a QAD; if it's going in the woods I'm a WB man as well.

3. in the woods it can't be beat, no matter how someone feels about them. For target and 3d I would choose something else.

As for the looks you get it will usually come from those that are misinformed or those that are over informed:peace:

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i like mine.... your not alone.

5. ACES

ACES Junior Member

I like mine and I use it both in the woods and on the 3D course. I use the 3D course as practice for hunting, so I use the WB year round. I've heard some people complain that it wears out their fletchings, but I haven't really had that problem.

6. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

The only fletch problem i have had with mine is it will leave a mark unless you turn the knock a little. I cant mine at the moment because they are glued in but as I replace the fletching I will redo the knock.

7. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I bought the quietest one they made and I percieved it to make an unacceptable amount of noise as I draw back to shoot. No other complaints, though.

8. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

WB works for me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

used all my tags so far.
    No game spooking problems, no weather problems, no timing problems (brother missed turkey while we were hunting together -- I ribbed him so bad he went Wb too)

9. Jayec009

Jayec009 Free Spirit Adventures

WB and the NAP QUIKTUNE

Last season I used a WB and had great success even though I was shooting a pretty slow bow. This year I got a new bow and took a chance with the NAP QUIKTUNE rest. Like the WB I can tilt it to the side and turn it upside down without dislodging my arrow. What makes it different from the WB is that it is MUCH more quiet and it doesnt slow the arrow like the WB because of its design and there are less points of contact with the arrow. It works great shooting 3d tournaments and is very easy to adjust if needed. Like people have said before it's all about what your comfortable with. Alot of the people that are knocking the WB are pro or 3d shooters. Which alot of these guys are really into speed and they don't have the need for something like the WB because they don't go out into the wild and rough it. For pics of it and more...
    www.myspace.com/FreeSpiritBowHunting

10. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

The QT360?

the only issue with the QT360 is if your nock position and/or helical is off and you catch a singular vane. I tried the metal arm version and it failed. Heard good reviews, including yours, of their new bristle version.