Whisker biscut

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Sep 16, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

My son had a deer bust him yesterday when he drew his bow because the whisker biscut makes a sound:doh: . The sound is like a straw being pulled through a lid at McDonalds:frusty: . Is there any way to fix this problem besides replacing the arrows or the rest in the middle of the season?

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Are they camo arrows?
    I've never had a noise problem but I shoot black shafts...

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

wet!

It sounds like it might be damp!
    Take an arrow and put baby powder on it and pull it thru it might stop it!

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I will try the powder thanks.

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

No they are plain black carbon shafts.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Strange, Try the powder idea...sounds good to me.
    I have heard of guys w/ camo arrows complain about drag noise...

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

The noise is really loud on a calm quiet morning 10 yards away when you are in a ground blind.:laugh:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It always is...:doh:

9. jkg3117

jkg3117 Member

:amen: :lol: :lol:

everything is louder in the woods!!!!

Jim

10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

no. i dont have a problem. sounds liek your whisker buscuit hole is too small for your arrows. i shoot carbon express terminators 4568's or sumthing like that and have a medium hole. no noise for me.

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

thry somebking powde fer tha baby powder smells loud to a deer

12. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

The bakin soda is what I was going to use. That has no odor, Unless you keep it in your refridgerator in the off season.:laugh:

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I would check the arrow clearance, the arrow should fit loose in the biscuit, there are different sizes, I shoot a medium whisker for carbon arrows and I shoot gold tip 5575 hunter xt (camo) no noise when I draw. If the wb is too tight just buy an insert with a larger hole(made for bigger dia. arrows) for around 15 bucks, rather than new arrows. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  14. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:peace: We were able to fix the problem. We replaced it with a drop away. No more noise.:doh:

15. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

al so it might be a little to tight around the arrow try to spread the WB apart a little I had to do this a little with mine on my old bow.

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you know most drop aways make noise to right? :lol:

17. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

baking soda and its the finish on the arrow that makes the noise.. if you use any kind of talcom or baby, corn starch, flour.. ect.. if it gets wet it will clump up and make the brisles on the rest hard as a rock.. baking soda will desolve if it gets wet .and is a scent eliminator to boot...

18. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

It was loose around the arrow and still made noise. That being said I felt that the rest needed to go.

19. GOSS1340

GOSS1340 Junior Member

solution to noise problem

you can get graphite shaveings at most hardware stores sprinkle a little on the wisker biscut to stop the noise.The shaveings don't have any oder either. it's just pencil shavings

20. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Darndest thing the other morning. Before that I had put felt on my Ripcord launcher. I went out one morning and was in my stand. I didn't see much so I went to do something and heard my arrow move across my launcher. It sounded like I was trying to call in turkeys with a slate call. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what made the sound. I got back to my shop later that afternoon and put the bow in the vice. I pulled that sucker back and it was as quite as a mute mouse....:noidea:

I know things are louder in the woods, but come on.....:laugh:

Actually I think either the cold or some moisture must have done it...:wave: