Whisker Bisquit

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mnhunter50, Jun 4, 2006.

1. mnhunter50

mnhunter50 Junior Member

I have recently put a whisker bisquit on my bow and have noticed it has been ripping the fletchings off of my bow. I was wondering if any one knows why this is happening?:noidea:

2. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

ripped fletching

Have you tried putting a drop of glue on the front and back ends of the fletch?

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Blazers

Try some Blazer vanes and that should take care of your problems. I have been shooting them for about 6 months and have not had one vane wrinkle,rip,or tear. Good Luck

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If your shooting the biscuit, blazers are the ticket. Great for broadheads too.

5. mnhunter50

mnhunter50 Junior Member

ok thanks for the advice i will try that

6. baltimus

baltimus Junior Member

no joke about those fletching eating wisker biscuits:amen: . However they do hold arrows steady real well but do you have any other types brands or whatever that hold arrows that well and dont destroy your fletchings???? thanks

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Air Rest

I have seen the Air Rest which uses magnets in the rest and special inserts in your arrows. Not sure how well they work but it is another option. As for me and my friends around here we will not hunt with anything other than the WB and Blazers.

8. TrailHunter

TrailHunter Junior Member

There's an Air Rest at the shop that I go to-it's not all that. If you pull back to fast or torque the string the arrow sticks to the side of the rest and makes a loud "DWANG" sound. Still pretty cool idea but you want see me using one, espesially for $130.

9. silverado mike

silverado mike Junior Member

I'd go with a full containment drop away rest.
    no fletch contact what so ever and great groups..
    the quality archery design drop away has a small trigger on the axle that you can nock an arrow and thumb the trigger and the drop rises and locks into it's upright position. then you can just draw and shoot.

Just my .02

10. BowhuntnHoosier

Hey Trailhunter thanks for the heads up on the Air Rest. :peace: Sounds pretty nasty to me I believe I will stick with my Biscuit. :rockon:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Some old dogs are just so loyal.....

Give the rip cord a try, then use what ever fletchings you want.....

Hate to think that i would be limited to one fletching when there are so many good ones out there.....

Oh and the AIR REST.....:tape: ....:noidea: ....some how I dont think so....

12. TrailHunter

TrailHunter Junior Member

Yeah I love my biscuit too:cool:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok now

Who the heck are you calling an old dog, you young pup. :mad: And I may be loyal but at least I am loyal to the best hunting rest around.:biggrin1: As for vanes I feel that my blazers are the best also. I have an opinion on everything from broadheads to bows and if you don't agree with me then so be it. By the way if you can't run with the BIG OLD dog then stay on the porch pup. :peace: j/k

14. mnhunter50

mnhunter50 Junior Member

I met a guy at the range near my house and he told me to go with the blazer vanes. What do you guys think and has anyone shot them through a WB

15. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Blazer vanes are great with the biscuit. We sell a lot of biscuit rests in the shop and we recommend blazers with the biscuit rest.

I usually hunt with blazer vanes and sometimes I use the biscuit too while hunting :eek:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

YEAH!!!hehe

Chris you are wise beyond your years. :peace: Or are you just a loyal old dog? :noidea: How old are you Chris not in your profile?

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Old enough to know better than to use a WB, but still too young to care!!!!

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Hey Adam read post 15 it states that Chris does indeed use the biscuit sometimes when hunting. So :whoo:

19. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

It's not total containment; but I actually use a Trophy Taker drop-a-way with two small silicone buttons on the riser. I can tilted my bow completely sideways without it falling off. I do use a larger silicone button on the riser so that if I want to rest it on its side, it sits on that and the smaller button on the riser. I've been using it for 4 years now and am very happy with it.

20. S.ROB

S.ROB Junior Member

The Biscuit

I shoot the low profile bohning x-vanes in a 4 inch, has anyone tried them in a biscuit. S.ROB