Whitetail...Blind, Tree stand, or heavy cover

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by swintj1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Tree Stand

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. Blind

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Hide in Brush/leaves/weeds...anything you can find

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

How do you hunt for Whitetail? Do you like to use a tree stand, do you like to use a blind, or do you just sit in some brush and wait? I'd love to know, I'm going to go for the first time, and I'd like to see what experienced hunters prefer.

Thanks!

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I voted treestand, because that's what I prefer, but I'll be hunting out of a blind this year due to an injury.

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Tree stand because it gets you up out of their line of sight and your chances of getting winded are less...For the most part.

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Forgot to mention that a ground blind would be good on your own property or someone you know..but i hunt the national forests so it would be to much trouble for "me" to set up/take down every time i went.

5. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

all 3

I do all 3 and have great luck with all of them. Really depends on if I am hunting horns or meat and which land I hunt.

6. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Tree stand is the only way I have ever hunted. But I have heard several success stories from just brushing yourself in on the ground. Good luck and God speed.

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i like tree stands but i really like a good ground blind... i make a really nice every year out of dead fall.... i could wear blazed orange in it and you couldnt see me.... next year when i get back to that area ill post a pic of it.

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Like tree stands, Love the ground blind. you can have turkey and deer all around you as long as you watch your scent. You can get away with a little more movement too. I think a well placed blind can put you in spots that you couldn't hunt with a tree stand, and vice versa.

9. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Agree with all above. Like to add I got my doe last weekend by setting in between a couple of corn rows. I was watching an area that had just been harvested that day. My point is be ready to adapt to changing conditions.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I like a good ground cover...I used to hunt one area that I had 5 improvised blinds on...they were good producers I also have a climber for when I want to get in quick on a new area or state land...:noidea:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Need an all the above.:peace:

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

all 3:rockon: :rockon:

13. GreggWNY

GreggWNY Junior Member

Homemade, quick, portable, 2 minute set up less than 2 lbs, looks perfectly natural in the autumn woods. I use two of these panels. Extremely effective. No need to brush it in. Makes me very mobile. BTW, can't stand heights!

14. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

treestands for me i can get up outta the deers natural line of sight