whooops

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by goldflinger, Nov 30, 2006.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

It was early the second day of gun deer season. I hadn't gotten a deer yet so when I seen a nice doe cross the alfalfa field 200 yards away I didn't waste any time putting it down. I singled to my dad I had a deer. We walked across the field together. I asked him if he wanted to tag it so he would definantly get a buck tag next year. (we have on and of earn a buck around here). Any way it didn't matter cause when we got up to the doe it morhed into 6 pointer. MY bad.:Cry: Last thing I wanted was a small buck:doh:

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

wow, around her if you shoot something and someone else tags it... your done like dinner if fwp catches you...

3. I sure wouldn't post what you wanted to do, I don't think that would be legal in any state. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same or that I have never done it and I am sure alot of us here have or thought about doing it, but I would not post it on here or any site. Any ways, that buck should make some good eating, maybe your next buck will morph in size just like your doe did:rockon: . Maybe your dads doe will out size your buck, good luck to him.

4. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

in iowa, if you're hunting with a group, any member of the group can put a tag on the deer, and you can keep hunting with the group after your tag is full. As long as the deer gets tagged with a valid tag, it shouldnt matter whose it is.

Tomorrows the shotgun opener in IA, gots to go out and get me some does:peace:

5. buckkiller_06

buckkiller_06 Member

its the same way in wisconsin as long as its tagged keep on shootin'em
    tomarrow will be a great day i got a 15 pointer and another big big buck with a drop tine spoted i plan on dumping a couple of does my self

6. goldflinger

Lynch mob

Didn't mean to get any one excited. I guess different parts of the country live by different rules. I recently heard something about not being able to hunt on sunday in some states. What's that all about???? And another thing, has anyone ever seen any kind of rule or regulation on shooting a wounded animal if you don't have a tag??????????:noidea:

7. goldflinger

Goooooooooooood Luck to everyone in Iowa......:rockon:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Happens alot around here but usually I am at the center.....:biggrin1:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah as long as the state gets their $$$, and the animal is properly tagged. They don't hassle us in my area. As long as the tag holder is present when it's shot...if it's your wifes tag and she's at the mall you might have a problem :doh: ...

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah cuz that means she is buying shoes....and thats always a problem....

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Definately some strange laws around in different states. Around here if you shoot it then you had better be the one that tags it. Never heard of shooting a wounded animal even if you do not have a tag.:noidea: Why would you be out hunting without a tag.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Coyotes???

I once was driving to work and had a doe run out in front of my truck so I stopped she had a injured leg and was so skinny you could almost see thru her.....so being as it was a back road a got out, grabbed the rifle and loaded it once I was off the road....shot her and put her out of her missery....it was sad and to this day I can still see that deer standing there and not running away w/that please shoot me pleading look in her eye....when I grabbed her to pull her into the back of my truck I noticed the injured leg was stiff in position and would not move...took her home and gutted her out....found half an arrow shaft had penitrated thru the elbow and stuck her leg to her body....the wound was healed completly.....and low and behold guess what was at the end of the arrow...... a damb FEILD POINT....some people just dont know how to not be stupid.....I had a tag for that deer but had I not had one I am sorry but I would have done the same thing.....

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

That is an understatement.

I will have to check on the laws in Indiana. I would hate to see an animal suffer but would not like to have my gun,bow,truck,and hunting privileges taken from me.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would give it all up to help something stop hurting....but the game wardens around here are pretty decent too

15. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am with Bowman. I would give it all up, I don't like any animal to suffer because of stupidity. That is why I practice, practice, practice so I can make a clean fast kill with minimal suffering. And about someone else tagging it alot of people do it just not alot talk about it.

16. goldflinger

You know my wife?????????

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am sure there is a joke there but you could help a little its monday and its late.......

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

you know the wife at the mall crack...:laugh: