Who's all planning on a new bow purchase for 2008?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Pinwheel1969, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

How many of you got your money ready to buy the new '08 models. Or waiting for the 2007's prices to drop? I think I'm going to get my son a Rogue or a Catalyst this year for christmas. He got a new bow 2 years ago and its time for an upgrade. Maybe if his grades are still good. he'll get a 50lb x-Force?? who knows:laugh:

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Me!

I want ta see what the PSE Target looks like and shoot it first!
    And we've got a new mathews dealer down here!
    Im sittin, Watchin, And Waitin!
    Im gonna get somethin!:noidea:
    I may Change Brands!:dizzy:

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Waiting for my Monsterbow to show up now, Starting to build a PSE Shark, going to sell my Hoyt Ultratec so I can buy something new. X force, iron mace, I also have my eyes on a couple of others. Wife said the only way I can buy any more is if one goes first. But she did not say I could not build one from parts lol (shark)
    But I am still really thinking hard on building a one off bow. I need to start checking into having a machine shop or someone with a CNC machine to make me a riser, Then take the best from all the big companys and build me the best bow way one can have.

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

not me!

i think my primos has a few years still left.....................:peace:

5. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

? depends on what Mathews comes out with... was not impressed by the drenalin... traded the XT for a Hoyt.... i like it but not completely sold on it yet.... who knows

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

THATS BLASFAMEE!!!

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I will keep my bow for now. Unless someone make a bow that can shoot a hunting setup at 400 fps and is quiet as a mouse.

We can always dream.:D

8. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Well, I just bought an X Force yesterday, but I am planning on lookinf at the 08 Bowtechs as well.

9. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I got a black Prestige that's been callin my name...maybe in the spring.:D

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I might shop for a 3D specific bow... We'll how funds are and what's in the pre-owned market.

Ron

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

New to me or "New 08"?

In my opinion there is no reason I would ever buy a new bow, its not an investment, the loss of value is unreal, and the technology hasn't shown me why a brand new 08 will be better then a used 06 yet.

Warranty is the only reason to buy new and you pay a LOT for a warranty, it not really worth it imho.

12. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

guess that depends on the shop you buy and do business with... true the 1st buy is costly for a new bow but i traded my last years bow for a new one this year and it cost me 50.00 for the new bow after trade in....bare bow only both ways as i keep the accessories as that is what can be costly .....

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Wow! Keep your shop and give them LOTS of money. about 99.999% of proshops do not do anykind of trade in program. Most won't even sell used bows due to the implied "pro-shop" purchased piece of it.

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, no shop that I know of around here will take a trade in...

Ron

15. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

not planning on it, but wouldn't put it past me :D

16. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

No compounds for us....we just put way too much into our new recurve stuff so we've maxed out that spending. I did just get a new sight for the compound though cause I'm passing along my sure-loc to hubby. I'm gonna give the Shibuya compound sight a try, got a good deal for a brand new exactly the model I've been wanting on e-bay. To my door for $249 and Lancaster didn't have the exact model but similiar for about$276 with shipping.

17. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

After buying my Truth bow back in the spring,i never would have thought just how much i would like this bow..it'll be fun looking at the new one's but thats about it for me.:amen:

18. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I'm going to get one, but I am not going to buy it. What am I going to get? Don't have any idea yet, but it'll most likely have Nitrous X cams on it and no cable guard.

19. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

I swore after buying than selling than buying not one but TWO bows for the last two consecutive years I would NOT...I repeat NOT buy another bow for awhile...

....by the way...

did 'ya hear about that 350 fps Bowtech Guardian coming out in '08?

:tape: :tape:

:doh: :rockon:

20. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I'll say no, but the reality is I say that every time and end up buying a new one.