Who's from Iowa?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by J-Daddy, Feb 9, 2008.

1. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

Ok, I'm an old member over on AT, been there for years but I'm new to here.
    Just wondering who all on here live in Iowa? I moved up here last summer to Calhoun County, Iowa and I need some shooting/hunting buddies up here. Anyone on here from the N.W. part of Iowa?

2. first of all :welcome: to the site. second is it may take awhile for anyone to actually admit that they are from Iowa, but some one will slip up and confess, just be patient.:peace: :laugh:

3. mac87toy

mac87toy Junior Member

I am from carroll county. I dont live there now but i go back as often as i can and chase'um. I live in idaho now and am moving to alaska in july. good luck if you need any help or info hit me up.

4. Rusty1

Rusty1 New Member

Mahaska county Iowa.

5. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

Yeah right next door to me...Well you use to be right next door to me that is...So tell me where a 1,000 acres of land is I can hunt that's loaded with Booners.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Not in Iowa but I could be there in 15 minutes... :noidea:

Ron

7. mac87toy

mac87toy Junior Member

the best thing i can tell you is dont set your sights to high. I mean a 1000 acres is hard to come by. The booners, a dime a dozen well that isn't true eather. Calhoun is full of giant deer though. I would recomend looking at little peaces of wood lots, places that most people will just look over. if you have any more questions let me know. Oh and start driving around now and see if you can see them out in the open before they drop.

8. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

I killed a decent 10point here in Calhoun Co. back in Nov. on some private land on the river I can hunt...About a 130" gross buck but he was broke up a little bit. Saw a 160" or so on the same farm but that one never worked out...Couple big deer killed around the area what I heard of this year, but nothing like Southern Iowa....I'm gonna try to find some more private land to hunt before the '08 season too....My wife is the VP at the hospital here so she knows alot of people from there now. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

9. vortecman

vortecman New Member

I'm new here too, I live in polk county.:rockon: :rockon:

10. vortecman

vortecman New Member

This one gave me the slip last year,but I'll be after him agian this year.:rockon: [​IMG]