Wifes Buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by scottg, Oct 6, 2007.

1. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

This not fair at all. My wife does not bowhunt and this is what she coming to her stand on a regular basis.:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

I have a small doe and a cow horn spike at my stand:Cry:

If he keeps up his rutine, she is going to drop him with a smoke pole.

P.S. the date is not correct on the picture. The time is, but the picture was taken this week.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Looks like you need to trade her stands :biggrin1:

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

that looks like one of them living room wall murals. nice:rockon:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I believe she needs to be busy opening week and I would have to slip into her stand.:peace:

5. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I was hoping to get home and sweet talk her into letting me bowhunt her stand for a day or two. Not a chance!!!!!

She is disabled and can not draw a bow. She has her state crossbow license, but no x-bow. Well no x-bow for the next week. She has ordered her a Stryker x-bow. The least she can do is wait untill I get home before she bags him.:frusty: :Cry: :frusty:

I hope that she does get him. She works hard all year long for a few months of hunting. I have my eye on a nice 9 pointer at one of our husband / wife stands.

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Isn't there another famous husband and wife team that she always gets the better deer?:frusty: :laugh:

7. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

She does get the better deer. She has beat me two years in a row.

Last year she had been hunting her stand hard all year. On a cold and rainy evening as I am sitting in a stand, I get a phone call. "I've got him, I've got him". She had been hunting a huge boddied 6 pt. His rack was big and his body was bigger, but only 3 on each side. So I get down because she tells me that he is down, but kicking and trying to get up. I get to my truck and drive over to her stand. I was affraid that he would get up and there I would be in the rain trying to find a wounded deer at night. Not good. I walk up and give her a hug, then I walk over to grab a horn and start pulling him to the truck. I damn near pulled it out of his head. It was just flopping around. So was the other side. She told me that when she shot, the deer jumped up and flipped over backwards. I thought that he must have broken his skull on the trees laying on the ground. Then I noticed all the blood on the ground was up by his head. I had to ask and yep she shot him right in top of the head. Apparently the fellar was keeping his body behind a tree while playing peek-a-boo with his head. She watched him for about 15 min and when he put his head from behind the tree, she pulled the trigger. The guys at the camp had a blast with her adjustable spread rack deer. He could have a 10" spread or a 18" sread. :laugh: :laugh:

I just had to tell that story.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats a great story!!!