Will an off brand camo make a difference when hunting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I just bought a g-20 blind in tangle camo. Will the fact that I didnt get a "good camo" like mossy oak or realtree hurt my hunt?

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

My grandpa shot many a deer in a full red hunting suit. I think you will be ok.:biggrin1:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree... Scent control is more important.

Ron

4. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

camo is marketed to make money.... i have filled deer in blue jeans and a black t-shirt with my bow at 20 yards.... yes i still buy it though.... use my Guillee more tha anything else though ( it hides you from people better ) if you are still and quiet and as scent free as possible thaqt is what matters

5. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

Tangle is just as good as RT or MO in my opinion. Like outdoorsman said, it's mostly marketing.

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

the buck i shot last year didnt care that i had blue jeans on so i think off brand is ok

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You fill deer in blue jeans and t-shirts??:laugh:

I agree scent control is much more important.:peace:

8. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Better watch it in the Ghillie. you might get shot for a Sasquach.

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I agree.. I shot a deer before after I got out of school and grabbed my old pse fire flight and headed to the woods w/o scent control or camo. just school clothes.. lol.. there was none whn I was a kid. Just acorn cover scent... anyways I just played the wind right and got my oportunity.
    Though camo does help you blend in better. a smart old dog of the woods can do it w/o...

10. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Remember the original "Treebark" camo???? I think I still have a one piece kicking around somewhere.:laugh:

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Oh yeah that is some cool stuff
    My Mom got me a 32oz Chamios coveralls that are my prize piece of hunting camo.
    I wear them when it git cool over my ASAT and I put a mesh suit of ASAT over it.

Oh yeah louie
    Over in orangeburg is a place called Atsko industrys that makes a lot of products fer tha hunters clothes and more
    Ya may want ta look into 1 called UV-Killer
    Our cloths have uv brightners put in thwm ta keep em sharp lookin'
    it is like a black light look ta deer this stuff kills that in clother
    Natural gear is tha only camo maker that does not us uv's

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup and thats what you will fing me in everytime i am in my stand!!!!!:rockon:

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah saw some last year late and got tha boonie hat love tha soft quiteness and tha warmth.
    Bonnies are my hat

14. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I put my blue coleman/blind out in the woods tonight. Worked great last year.:rockon: :rockon: