Window Decals--Need Opinions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Should I leave it as is with the web address or put a phone number instead?

[​IMG]

2. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

why not go with both the more info the better id think

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

YUP, both, and if you could spread the stuff out some:noidea:

4. trussoni

do you do the vinyl (spelled wrong im sure) rear window sticker? i shoulda talked to you about decals when i ordered my wraps to see what all you had.

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Problem is people only have so much room on the back window or bumper. I don't want the decals too big. I was think of losing the logos, but "God's Country Outdoors" really doesn't tell you what the shop is. The name of my shop has been a dilemma from the beginning.....:doh:

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Yep. I can make about anything.

7. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I was just looking at your site, you need to spice that puppy up with some more pictures and stuff.

The taxidermy link isn't working either.

I'd put both your # and web address for sure on the decal and get your business under outdoors, archer, and taxidermy in the yellow pages.

Do you have an actual shop or are you working out of the house/garage?

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have a 3 car detached garage that has been pretty much converted into a shop.

I think I'm gonna stop the Taxidermy for a while. I don't have much time for that right now. That is why the link doesn't work. I need to remove it from the site.

9. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

How can you stop taxidermy if you want to be considered a taxidermist? I ain't taking my trophy to some guy who hadn't mounted a buck in 3 years. No offense, just saying. I'm sure you do fine work but when you turn business away, and want it later, it might not be there. :noidea:

Lets talk about that home page of yours, you should change it to look a little more alive like your window decal. What you need is an official logo. Less text on your webpages and more pictures and color.

And as far as the decal, seems like you would want to promote your higher end stuff like bows instead of giving that space to arrow wraps and bow strings? I don't know?

Don't mean anything negative, just my thoughts.

10. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

JC,

It looks good, but I would do the following:

Take out "Blaze A Trail To Your Target" and RANGERS LEAD THE WAY... I would also run the bar that is under the Ranger Tab the entire width, then put more contact info under that using the Red that you are using for you Pathfinder Arrow Wraps.

I would also put your web address the same color as God's Country Outdoors.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  11. trussoni

slippy sometimes the little things are a persons bread and butter.

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I think you should leave the website if you can only put one of them. A website is easier to remember than a phone number :noidea:

13. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Oh, and since your site has a section for archery pro shop, you should take pictures and list your address to make it legit.

I just signed the guestbook, I hope that wasn't too inappropriate what I said? :noidea:

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Not everyone has or wants Internet access. Hardly any of my friends I hunt and/or shoot with have computers or even care about them.

Just a thought on leaving the phone number off. I think you should put it on there.

Ron

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So you think it is better to keep taking customers mounts and not getting their mounts back to them for 18-24 months then to just be honest and stop taking them in? I may be done being a taxidermist anyway.

As far as what I advertise.....I make more money off 3 sets of strings than I do a bow. I sold 2 bows this month and about 12 sets of strings. You do the math...

16. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

sorry. You asked for opinions. :pout:

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Did you read the title of the thread? Web site opinions was about 4 months ago....:wave:

18. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

When I was down there it seemed pretty obvious your interest in taxidermy is about gone. I think you're doing the right thing.

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So it was that obvious???? :D

20. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

IMO I would drop the rangers lead the way and the line. The Blaze the way to your target covers both. The Ranger emblem pretty well attracts people on it's own. (great oufit and this is coming from a Marine Grunt) AND definetly include the 'phone number. Added a couple of pix that I played around with. Needs to be cleaned up but I never spent much time on them. I like the 2nd one.

Plus I'd happily put them on 2 of my vehicles (Car and truck not the 'vette)