WooHoo!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just stepped on the scale and it read 248. And I've been slacking lately!

Time to step it up again I think.

btw - I was around 278 - 279 in late July

only another 40 pounds till goal :p

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Congratz!!! Go grab a doughnut and a diet coke. You deserve it.:laugh:

serious good job and keep up the good work.

3. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Congrats Dred. I know how difficult it can be to lose that amount of wt. Way to keep w/ it. :thumb:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Way to go, last spring some of us said is time to do it. I started at 220 and am down to 200. All I have done is snack less and healthier snacks and watch my proportions at dinner time. And switched to diet mt. dew, I am an addict to that stuff. I also think chasing around a three year old and a 10 month old has helped.

Congrats Dred, keep it up

6. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

That's great. What are you doing to lose weight? I got myself down to 220 but seem to have hit a plateau.:frusty: Doc wants me at 195-200 max. :wave:

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I wish my scale said 248. :mad: Mine usually says Get off, ya killing me. :doh:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

WooHoo Dredly!!!!:thumb:

Pass some of that motivation my way :wave:

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

thats pretty much what I've been doing. I was doing 2 -4 mile hikes 3 times a week before Maine and then walking a whole lot up there. Since I got back I've just been trying to watch what I'm eating and not overeat at dinner. I'm going to start on the tread mill again and hit the weights (I hate tread mills they are to small for me to take a full stride :frusty: )

10. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

nice job dread!! keep it up!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

great job man! I myself have been trying to lose some wieght, but it seems the harder I try the less comes off...........Been thinking about seeing a doctor to see if there is something wrong(thyroid) ???

12. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

I too am trying to lose some weight but I seem to fail before I even start :doh:
    maybe we can get a weight lose section for us to use as help.

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The hardest part is really finding something you don't hate... I should be on the treadmill right now but I hate it and so I'll so just about anything to avoid it. :frusty:

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I need a treadmill :D

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

16. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

Way to go dred. thats great watch yourself with the weights. they produce muscle and muscle weighs more than fat but it is healthier so dont get discouraged if you start gaining with lifting. And definitely keep in check with the doc.

17. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Way to go brother, Keep it up Dred................................

And, if ya really want to shed a few pounds come over here in June and I will put ya in 52 pounds worth of Interceptor gear @ 125+ degrees:D

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I bet getting shot at is a great incentive to lose some weight :dizzy:

19. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Way ta go..i was up to 260(but at 6'4) thats not real bad but enough that i felt i needed to work on it.Down to 250 and trying to get to 240 which is my orig/comfort zone.I can still go up a tree in a climber as fast as anyone though as long as the cables don't break:laugh: I don't get it....my wife has always wgh 115lbs and never gains wght...wish i could do that.

20. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Being 6' 4, whats your draw length? 31? I always get curious by the height thing. I'm 5' 10 - 5' 11 on a good day:biggrin1: and have a 27.5" draw. My buddy is 5'9 and has a DL of 30"!