Working for Wally

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Dooby, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Does anyone know if Wal-mart is a decent company to work for in head office type roles?

I'm assuming it'd be a good job, but frequently hear much bagging of the big bad Wally.

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

If your talking about going to work for them in Fayetteville, AR... They don't pay much. :tape: But that was 5 years ago when I looked into it, things could have changed.

3. its hard to believe, but I heard on the news a while back that they were one of the better companies to work for. I don't know anyone that does so I can only tell you what I heard.

4. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

not sure i know my stepson has worked there for a couple years with no complaints but hes not office or managemant either.

5. MNMike

MNMike Junior Member

I have a cousin who lives down there and worked in the "big offices". All those years and he never made it north deer hunting until he retired. He told us that he was married to his job. In the late 70's and 80's til he was either on the road or doing whatever almost 7 days a week.

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I say they suck! It is the reason my mother was killed by the crappy Hosp. they made her go to. She had a common operation. Instead of her going to one of the best hosp. 7 miles down the road. They made her go to one of the crappiest ones around and it was 24 miles north. So I blame wally world for her death. They were self insured back then. She had a lay a way for her grand kids for Christmas with 600 paid on it. They said one of her sister came and got the money back. That was Bull, for we are a country family and would not have done anything like that. So someone there stole it.