Working on a 300

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rdnkgrl_robinhood, Feb 14, 2007.

1. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Well fellas, I just got a new sight and scope today.. I got a Sureloc Challenger and Viper Scope. Let me tell ya, these two make a great combination!
    After taking some time to get it all sighted in I decided to shoot to score, I shot a 298 with 31 X's.. Somewhere in the middle of my second half I dropped one in the blue, then on my very last arrow I dropped it into the blue and nearly out of score range.. (it was on the line of 4 and 0 mostly in the blue)

Well although a perfect 300 may still illude me, I have to say......

:peace: I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!:peace:

rdnkgrl_robinhood

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

cool ain't it!

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Bout time we are hearing form the Lady's . I was just thinking today...where are they> I was ahope in that some of the boyish talk in front of you girls had'nt run you off. I know that some of it I would'nt want my wife to read,and a gentelmen has to endure. On My Keep on shooting for the 300 will come. HS

4. rdnkgrl_robinhood

check out these pics

This is the new sight
    [​IMG]
    This is the scope
    [​IMG]

And this is the results.. (keep in mind I had a few practice rounds on this target while I was sighting in)

[​IMG]

My X count leaves a lot to be desired, but I am getting there :peace:

rdnkgrl_robinhood

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Your on your way now. The 300 will come. I know its nerve racking until you get it. Once you get there, the 300 will come easier. It's always the first one that is the hardest.

Congrats on your 298. I always evaluate the patterns of my target after I am done. I noticed a couple things from your target. You have a bunch of shots that are just a touch low. Put a click or two lower on your sureloc.
    The second thing is notice how nice the upper left target is. I assume this is your first shot. Take more time between shots to rest more. This may help tighted the groups on the other targets.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  6. Alex

Alex Member

Wow nice i just got sure-loc supreme and a viper 4x scope but i put a black dot in instead of fiber optics. I am still working on getting use to 80% let-off with my new switchback XT and all the other stuff like the scope and i am in michigan and im from north dakota so i dont have my release with me:mad:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sweet setup there grl:thumb:

Nice shooting also keep it up and that 300 will come.:high5:

So you still shooting at Gander???

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

I usually shoot center, upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right. Having said that, I have to say I always find it more difficult to shoot the upper right than any other spot. Not sure why..
    I shot again today, and shot 295 with 28 X's. I dropped two in the upper right and two in the lower right.. Guess thats my problem side.. I will have to work on that.
    But I think you're right, I dont take enough time between shots.. I think I will try to take my time shooting and see how I do next time.

Thanks,
    rdnkgrl_robinhood

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I love the game of five spot and it loves me....i had the same problem shooting the right side targets.....till made sure I was inline w/the target

also something I started doing was turning the target so now I shoot 1-3-1

5 5 5

kinda like this if it makes any sence know I only have one on the right side.....

10. rdnkgrl_robinhood

I shoot there about two or three times a weeks. Thats about all my schedule will allow me to shoot anymore.. But every chance I get, I am there.. I have also been driving out to Casey Illinois, they have a great range out there. I think it is 13 lanes, and very well lit..If it were closer I would shoot there everyday..

rdnkgrl_robinhood

11. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Well yes it makes sense.. I have done that a time or two also.. but I cant shoot at Gander like that because their target sux.. Maybe when the new targets come in I will have better luck with that.. Can you shoot a league with the target turned like that? Just currious.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why not they cant tell you how your paper has to be on the target....I shoot in 2 different leagues and shoot both that way.....

13. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Well I have only ever shot one league before.. and I really dont have any idea what the rules are..:noidea: But I tell ya, I know I shoot better with the target like that..
    :peace:

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Great shootin'. I can't wait till I get scores like that. Few more adjustments and a little more practice. My score last week was 224/250, but I also learned that I scored a few of them wrong (so my score would have been a little higher:biggrin1: )

Won't be long before you get the 300
    What is Gander?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

gander=gander mountain.....(big guy voice)"the outdoor super store"

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

The WHAT???????:biggrin1:

17. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

Nice shootin' there rdnkgrl_robinhood. You did some fine shootin' there. I'm sure you will get your 300 game in no time. Just keep shootin' and focus on the "X" and the 300 will come. I hope to see ya again over at Country Archery in Casey, Illinois again soon. We'll shoot again and maybe you'll get that 300 score. :thumb:

18. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Well I am still bouncing around the 290's. I shot a 296 and a 294 this week with X counts in the 30's.. I am getting there.. I am working on taking my time, and slowing down my shots so that I dont just fling one right after the other.. But a little more practice and a little more fine tuning should do it.