Worst flinch

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Okay ya'll, whats the worst flinch you guys with TP have ever had? Shot at Linton this weekend from the pro class stakes with the new Apex 7 (man what a sweet bow!!) Picked up a new truball thumb release at Bass Pro on Friday. Shot it a little on Sat. Left my old wrist strap at home so I'd have to shoot the new release. Everything went real well until about the 20th target. I flinched so bad I sent a new redline 4 feet over a twenty yard target.:frusty: It got sideways in the brush and self destructed. Shot in the dirt under another twenty some yard shot on the the next target. Found that arrow. Got things back under control after that. Shot a 249 with the two goose eggs so I didn't feel too bad. :amen: Years ago I stuck an arrow in the side of a neighbors house while trying to shoot an old hotshot release. :doh: Quit shooting in town after that.:Cry:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Happens to the best of us

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey Hkdfrlife were you at Willow Point on Friday??? A fella I had never met came in there with an Apex 7 just wondering if it was you. A younger kid was talking about how the Archers Spot messed up his bow I believe with the fella. :peace:

4. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Willow Point

Na Frank, wadn't me. Went to Sellersburg Fri, and on to Bass Pro Shop. They got a lot of nice stuff, But I couldn't find clothes in my size. All 2xx and 3xx sizes and a lot of tall sizes. Stuf had been picked over pretty good. Tried to buy a set of Leupold binoculars, but they didn't have them in stock either. And they were getting ready for their fall hunting classic on Saturday. You'd think they would have been stocked up on everything. Not very good marketing management!! They lost about 3-4 hundred in sales. I'll get em locallyMHO

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A couple of months ago we were at a 3d shoot in Muscatine and I was sighting in and I sneezed. Man, I'll tell you what, what a shock/surprise/scare/whatever... Sneeze came out of nowhere. Arrow went low and hit one of the steel target 'poles' they use to hold the target up off the ground. Target was a racoon at about 15 yards. Scared the heck out of everyone with the noise it made. I use Easton ST Axis' and the point was shoved into the shaft and bent toward the side, splitting the shaft about 1/2 inch from the end. I was able to cut that off, glue in a new insert, and donate the arrow to one of my buddie's daughter who shoots with us. (She gets our 'mistakes').

Funny as heck now, scared the heck out of me then. Yeah, it might happen but I still don't have to like it.

:laugh:

Ron

6. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

i got the hiccups at a shoot once. swalled three kisser buttons once:doh:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats funny.....

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have a taxidermy shop in my 3 car garage. I built a wall to divide one bay off for my shop, and the other two are for storage and junk. I open the door in the wall and can shoot 15 yards. I was shootin my new "professional" Tru Ball BT Gold one day and had a couple mishaps:tape:

One flinch sent an X-cutter off the door between the two rooms and richocheting off various things in the storage side.

The other sent an X-cutter into the door of my gun cabinet.

I no longer shoot a hinged back tension release.....:biggrin1:

9. Frank

Frank Member

Well years ago when I lived in a trailer park, If I shot from across the street I could get roughly 30 plus yards. Was getting ready for deer season. During one shooting sesion my tubing for my peep broke at full draw for the 1st time and startled me the arrow missed target and backstop went though niehbors storage shed and stuck into the side of a trailer the next block over. Recovered the arrow, moved shortly afterwards without ever hearing about it.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that could have turned out alot worse......

11. Frank

Frank Member

Yes it could have, Thats when I started shooting a local indoor range, and the closest outdoor range. I now have 1 1/4 acres with room to shoot.I still shoot at a local indoor range but max distance is 20yrds. The closest outdoor range is PHX. about 1hr. away.

12. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I was at one of our clubs 3d Shoots and had a bee following me around for about 6 targets. the little sucker did a flyby me ear when I was at draw flinched sent the arrow into the back of the target. did'nt miss (completely) but I time I had the rope on the release I was using break on me twice in one night and proceeded to punch myself in the mouth TWICE! Good thing I was born with a hard jaw

13. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Flinch's and Bees

I was shooting at Bedford years back at a 10 target coon shoot. We were using a coleman lantern for setup light and a battery and spot light on the target. When we got to the sixth target the lanter was mobbed by those huge wasp/hornet lookin things. Around here we call em Cicada Killers. Well nobody would hold the lantern so I reluctantly voluntered. When it came to my turn there were still no volunteers and the guy with the spot light was about 20 yds behind me. I sat the lantern on the ground and came to full draw. Just was anchoring one of them big ol wasps flew up my bow arm shirt sleeve. I threw bow and all and was just getting my feet back on the ground I heard the arrow contact an automobile in the parking lot about 150yds up the hill. Went in the right front fender. Thank goodness for insurance!!!