Worst Target

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by HYTMANN, Oct 11, 2007.

1. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

I was just reflecting over the past season, about which targets I needed the most improvement on. The turkeys and foxes got me most often. With the turkeys it was not so much the size of the 10 as it was the locations. I just don't have them memorized to the point of instinct. I am still trying to figure out the fox situation.:frusty: What was your hardest target(s) this season and what are you going to do to improve on it for next season?

2. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

Walking bear next to a standing bear. The shot your supposed to make is on the walking bear. and stupid me, I guess I thought the bear standing on two feet was walking because thats the one I shot drilled the X and scored a Zero.
    This year I'm going to slow down a bit and think. My worst targets are extreme down hill shots.

3. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

any one more than 10 yards away. :D I have trouble with the turkeys . I know were the spot is but I guess I have a mental problem with them.

4. dch3k

dch3k Member

the little gummy bears are tough not much room for error:mad:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Turkey, i'm horrible on the turkey

oh and the Moose. I also misjudge the yardage by a LOT because of the size of it

6. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Yeah, that moose is huge and can look alot closer, especially if they set the shot up so that the ground isn't visible all the way to the target.:frusty:

7. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

The Block 4x4:frusty: :frusty:

8. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

You'll get a kick out of this story, we were shooting at a local shoot and the gummy bear was set up just in the woods off a field edge. On the walk up the target was visible for about 110 yards. A couple guys get the idea to shoot from way back, just for fun. After making sure all was clear, they shot from a point on the walk up, no range finder, at what turned out to be 78 yards. I did not shoot as I didn't have marks out that far at that time. Would you believe my friend Bob nailed it in the 12 ring? :eek: :hail: :rockon:

9. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Yup, the turkey and the buffalo always get me:doh:

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

For some reason the Bears always get me.

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Turkeys and the Gator. I either hit a 12 or a 5 on the turkeys and I either miss or 12 the gator. It seems like there is no in between on them.

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

You guys need to come over here, where the yardage is marked and there is a big orangs spot on the target to shoot at :peace:

13. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Thanx for reminding me, I forgot about the 'gator! That is a tough one to yard due to it's shape. Seem like I call that one a few yards short quite a bit........

14. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I hate the gator. I have better luck with the top vital than the side one.
    The Foxes and yotes get me because the rings always seem too far back. Especially if they are turned facing away. That seems to shift things. I'm talking Rineharts.
    Even with 8X binos, they can be difficult to see in certain light. All part of the game.
    I made a scorecard holder with the Rinehart vitals. Has 30 on it. I need it maybe 4Xs a shoot, when I just can't seem to see the rings.

15. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

For me anything small...turkey,fox etc..i don't know why,but i always feel like i'm going to waste an arrow shooting into the ground.:noidea: