WOW it's snowing bigtime.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

3 days ago it was like 62 degrees here. Last night it started snowing and it's still snowing. Between 10pm and this morning there must 10-12 inches of snow on the ground.

I was out snow blowing the drive and these stupid people in cars and minivans are trying to get out. I watched 3 people get stuck in the road. One in a 2 wheel drive truck. What are these guys thinking.

After they finally got out, I jumped in the Hemi Dodge Ram 4x4 and drove to the shop to pick up a few things and then back home. Got to love the 4 wheel drive. Even with unplowed roads, it was easy in the Dodge.:peace:

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Same here in the Quad Cities but it stopped snowing around 10:00...
    Radar looks like Rockford to Chicago is getting beat on hard.
    We got at least 8 inches but it's so windy the stuff is blowing arouond all ovber the place. All the schools are closed as well as most of the non-essential public buildings. What fun... My Jeep was literally buried since the driveway slopes down with a terrace next to it. The snow blew over the terrace and dumped the snow on the Jeep. It was pretty funny, you could not even see that there was a vehicle there...

Good luck up there. Looks like you're getting more than we did.

Ron

3. tek

tek Senior Member

Have fun guys.

You guys are getting the storm that moved through here last night!!

We got ICE , sleet and a little snow for a topping -)

Becareful out there.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how come the guys that dont want it are the ones that always get it???

I would love that.....and its drizzleing and 65.....

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Its not even raining here yet but looks like its going to.. and its sitting at 63 right now

6. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

can you belive it 81 deg. here and sunny

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Well, it's going to be 16 degrees tonight and 10 degrees tomorrow night. We're going to move stands tomorrow since the shotgunners are out and we're hog-tied. Daytime temps tomorrow are supposed to be 35 degrees.

Have fun in your 63 and 81 degree weather. We sure did less than a week ago. Things are intersting in the Midwest for sure.

Ron

8. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Dry as a fart and froze solid in mid wiscosin.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you guys Ice fishing yet????if so I am moving.....

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Ice fishing... I love it. No ice here yet though and not even close. Might be before Christmas though the way the weather is shaping up. We've had a couple of sad ice fishing winters in a row now. I think it's time for a good one.

Ron

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

went once last year in december....4 inches......caught 4 pickerel in 7 hours....

12. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

ice

No real iceover yet. Went ice fishing once. Never really turned me on.:bored:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats because you didnt have the right beer and snacks......or the holes drilled in the right spots......

14. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Wait a minute you have to drill holes in the ice........huh, I just sit on a bucket and drink beer.

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

the trick is to put fish IN the bucket and then catch them...

oh and drink beer too

16. big scores

big scores banned from AT

must be nice. all I got was some flurries. didn't even stick to the ground.:Cry:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah and if you happen to drill a hole where there are no fish......I mean come on guys, dont sit there all day expecting to catch a fish if you look down there and dont see any.....

18. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I was J/K It has been so long since I went Ice fishing, and when I did go there was no way I was able to drink. I was in 8th grade. Me my buddy and his dad went down to the Mississippi back waters. It was fun.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we take the atv's so if your not catching and the ice is thick enough you can have some fun.....

20. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Fun is that what you call it. I'm kinda tramatized about getting on the ice. Back when I was about 17 I was rabbit hunting and was walking along on some ice when all of the sudden I was up to my waist. Yeah I thought the ice was thick enough I mean after all the dogs were running around on the ice with the rabbits.:doh: Needless to say all I could think about was what if I had been out a little farther. Took me quite awhile to get out but I can say one thing it taught me a very important lesson........................................I weigh more than a couple of dogs and a rabbit.:peace: