wrong stand

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jt13077, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

I was sitting in my stand on Tuesday at dusk, saw 4 deer pass by a stand just north of me, 100yds or so, so I guess I'll sit there tonight. I made the wrong choice!! There I was at dusk tonight, and right in front of the spot I was on Tuesday I see 4 doe, 2 yearlings and what appeared to be a 6 point!!!
    :frusty: :censored: :frusty: :censored: Just another case of wrong place on wrong night! :noidea: They didn't know I was there, they were heading my way, but by the time they would have got to me it was just have been too dark to see. They got spooked by something in the other direction anyway. Oh well, still get to hunt! :biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats why I only put one stand per property, and I never move to a spot where I can see a previous spot......:biggrin1:

3. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

It's an archery clubs property, and it was another guys stand, that I won't be sitting in again. It isn't used very often, so I figured what the heck. I'll stick to my spot now :biggrin1:

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

I here ya.................

Thats when that 100yd pin comes in handy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:laugh:

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:laugh: ......I shoot 500gr arrows but i always have 1 that wght's 300gr........for that shot of a life time.:laugh:

6. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

How was the wind and how is your scent control......maybe the deer are always opposite of your position for a reason:noidea:

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Would of ....... could of .....should of......

All you can do is make a choice and stick with it....Good luck:peace:

8. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

They didn't bust me. The wind was blowing away from them, they were actually moving toward me when something east of them spooked them.

9. Scablands

Scablands Member

I mostly hunt mulies and they are notorious for never taking the same trail twice until you move to another trail, then they do!:doh:
    I once played musical chairs this way with a buck and finally got it right the last day of the season. I had built a ground blind out of brush that only left a couple of shooting lanes. That's right, they staged at the top of the hill behind me, no shot, and when they came by they were moving too fast to even get my bow drawn.:noidea: Oh well keep at it and sooner or later things will happen just right. :rockon: