WTB: Used LH Adult Bow

Discussion in 'WTB: Want to Buy Archery Items' started by crudnick, Oct 22, 2004.

1. crudnick

crudnick Junior Member

My name is Cliff and I am new to archery. I want to get my own bow, but I only have about $150 to spend and I'm a lefty. Why are used right-handed bows in my price range, but left-handed bows are $350 and up? Anyway, the instructor said to look for a used PSE, Matthews, Bowtec, Hoyt, or Martin, so that's what I'm doing. Thanks.

Cliff

2. CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 Member

A good bow is a PSE Deerhunter. It retails around $200, and it comes with a sight,quiver, and shoot-thru rest. Heck, I own one of these! :p

3. crudnick

crudnick Junior Member

LH? Adult?

Is yours a left-handed bow? That seems to be the issue I run up against. Also, is yours and adult sized bow? I noticed it says junior member under your ID. Thanks.

Cliff

4. CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 Member

I meant the bow was a good one. I didn't say I was selling it. If you're looking for a bow-any bow-check this site out: www.outdoorsuperstore.com

5. crudnick

crudnick Junior Member

Didn't think you were selling. Just wondered if you were a lefty since the lefty bows seem to be significantly more expensive. I checked out the outdoorsuperstore site. Very cool. Thanks.

C

6. sandbagger

sandbagger Junior Member

You can find pretty good deals on Ebay. Just type LH bow in your search to narrow it down. If you're new to archery, be careful. Don't be afraid to ask the seller questions. I would suggest going to a reputable archery shop first and having someone tell you your draw length , and figure out what poundage you will be comfortable with. On ebay you can find quite a few bows with all the accessories already on them, a big savings, but be prepared to pay at least $20.00 shipping.

7. paulson7433

paulson7433 Junior Member

paulson

i have a 2004 browning rage which is a good starting bow. It is adjustable from 45-60 pounds and the draw lenth is 27-31 i think. It has a copper john dead nuts camo 3-pin sight,a nap quick tune 2000 fall-away rest, a sling, string silencers, a 5 inch and 7 inch nap stabalizer, and sims vibration limb savers. I would get it to your door for 400. email me apaulson@nvc.net

8. Big Mac 357

Big Mac 357 Junior Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

A lot of the "mass produced" bows don't come in LH. Check out the LH section on Archerytalk.com as well, a lot of bows go up for sale there. I think fewer Lefties upgrade through the ranks of bows due to the difficutly of finding them in the first place, I know thats why I upgrade bows so rarely

10. maddog

maddog Junior Member

Wanted to sell

Up for sale is a LH Browning Deluxe Nomad XL series compound bow. Draw Length is 31" Draw Weight 45-60 lbs. Has 50% let off, all wood bow. Pretty old, comes with soft padded case, quiver(missing padding to hold arrows) 4 Carbon arrows, quick release, pin sights, pin light. Just had strings replaced by gander mountain. I’m only 14 and this Is isn’t quite my size. And not a bow I would take out in the woods. To my knowledge this bow has never been taken in the woods only shot target practice with. The cams and the bow are in great condition. For pics email me at maddog2507@hotmail.com

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just sent you a PM.