X force 6 hunters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by kingshooter, Mar 6, 2008.

1. kingshooter

kingshooter New Member

I looking to buy and X force but can't decide between 6" and 7" brace height. Anyone hunt with the 6 and have any problems with clothing getting in the way? What are the bennies of the 7 over the 6"?

2. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

The 6's with everything being the same are usually faster but less forgiving than the 7's as the arrow is on the string longer. I only shoot at a 27.5 draw and prefer the 7+ brace myself 'cuz my form leaves a lot to be desired. But a lot of guys like me with the shorter DL like the 6 brace as it helps with the speed part. I'd rather hit where I'm aiming at slower than miss faster.:wave:
    Go to Huntersfriend.com and under their Tech part they have an explaination of the brace heights differences plus other differant topics you might enjoy reading.

OOOPs forgot to add :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008

3. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I have both, and both bows a great to shoot. I don't really notice, or can say the 7 is more forgiving. I do know my 6 is about 8 to 10 fps faster, but that is nothing when you are shooting over 310 fps anyway, oh at a 28 inch draw.

4. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

I have the 6" and have had no problems at all with shooting it with clothing on. Now I have big problems when the clothing is off :censored:

I have a 30" draw length and it is set at 70# with a 380 grain arrow. It throws them arrows at about 330 fps, I am unsure what the speed of the 7" is

5. kingshooter

kingshooter New Member

thanks for the info i appreciate the help

6. XXX-Force

XXX-Force New Member

7" height

I'm shooting the 7" brace, at 29" with a 370grn I 'm getting 315. It shoots great.:rockon: