X-jammers???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 16, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Getting ready to start selecting what arrows I will use for indoor this season and really am likeing the CX X-Jammers.......there like .406 diameter I believe...

The set up is;
    Icon-55lbs
    27" w-string loop
    1" Quikspins

My question is will I get these arrows to tune on this setup? They only offer one spine.....What length arrows do you guys think I should start with and what point weight??? Its only 20 yrds and like I heard someone say, I only have to clear the ceiling!! I would hate to cut them to short and have them be useless......

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

those sure are some super itty bitty veins on there!

Okay you ready for this:

To have that arrow spined correctly for your bow:

275 Gr Point
    3 fletchings at 1 grain each
    25.5 inches long

Suggested spining will be .3813 and spine of the X-Jammer is .390. FOC will be 24.58%

Here is another one:

245 Gr point
    3 fletchings at 1 grain each
    26.00 inches long

Suggested spine: .3899 and the X-Jammers are .390. FOC is 23.00%

Good luck :)

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

O.k so what about a slightly longer arrow say in the 28-29 inch range w/a lighter tip?

Oh and by the way thank you for your help.....

On a side note those itty bitty vanes worked great on Linejammers last season.....they are 1 grain each????

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and what i really ment was 27" before string loop, sorry....

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah I ran it through at 27" draw, figured there was an overdraw though :)

I estimated at 1 grain each. To be honest if they are 2 grains each it won't make much of a differnece... we are talking about a 400+ gr arrow, 3 grains difference don't matter :)

I can run it when I get home, I think a 27 inch arrow was like a 215 or something like that and a 28 inch was like 190? but don't use those numbers. I'll run them through OnTarget SS again when I get home.

its really AWESOME software. I highly suggest ya download the demo and then buy it, some of the best money I've ever spent.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I guess what I would really like to do is shoot a 200gr. tip......

Have not had an overdraw in 4-5 years and will probably not use one ever again...........:laugh:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

your riser has a built in overdraw, your rest is mounted behind your riser = overdraw :)

200 gr point
    28 inch arrow
    3 2 grain fletchings

suggested spine: .3895 - X-Jammers are .390
    FOC is 19.42

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I actually mount all left handed arrow rests backwards on my bows......just kidding of course......

Although that reminds me of 2 brothers that shoot hoyts...one shoots a X-tec and the other a magtec......these guys dont get along very well and infact will not talk to each other for 2-3 years at a time.......

I was at the shop one day and noticed there bows hanging on the wall for tuning.....well guess what- both had WB's and both were mounted on the front of the riser..... ie backwards:doh:

it actually was pretty funny.......

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Stop stealing our accessories! you bloody righties already get all the bows in stock much quicker and now your stealing the few accessories we get too!?!? GRRRR :caked: :frusty:

10. Allen

Allen Senior Member

A pro archer at my club works with CX and has been testing the X-Jammers. He is shooting them cut fairly short, about a quarter inch in front of his rest. He is also not putting big weights on them. Before he shot them at Vegas last year, he found that his best groups were with 135 grain points, but was still testing. His setup is similar to yours except that he shoots Martins and uses 4" vanes.

He showed me some high speed video from seversal years ago of 2613 shafts with only 150 grain points. These are as far out of spine as the X-Jammers. On the video they flew great at the short indoor distances. He had them tuned so that they flew slightly nock high.

My Icon is shooting great with the CXL 150's with 135 grain points & cut to 26.75inches. It's set at 48 #'s and OT2 actually puts these arrows in the green for this bow.

Many of the pro archers have begun cutting their indoor "logs" fairly short for indoor shooting. Tim Gillingham (of Gold Tip) recommends about 1/4" in front of your rest. These guys have great form and are almost perfectly consistent from shot to shot. I don't know if us regular shooters will have equivalent success with this setup. Tim claims that arrows this short are less critical for torque, but I want to do some testing before I agree with him.

If you go ahead with the X-Jammers, let us know how it works out.

Thanks,
    Allen

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am sending out the money order for the shafts in the morning, was nice to find someone who had 6 to sell.....saves on haveing to buy the hole dozen....plus when you shoot a five spot you dont damage as much equipment and 6 arrows can make it thru a 10 week league, w/little or no damage.....I think I will stick with the 28"- 200gr tip and see where that takes me.....I appreciate all the help and ideas everyone gives here, even if sometimes I dont get along w/everyone......:peace:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

:hug: (umm thats no in a gay kind of way though...)