Xt & the treestand

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Holy Smokes, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Has anybody had any experience with shooting from a treestand that has a hand climber say a Summit. How does it do around the climber as far a staying over it or out of the way? HS

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Well I have the Summit Viper treestand and a Mathews MQ32. I have shot several deer out of this stand, including a nice 8 point this season and have not had a problem with clearance for the bow. If your looking at buying a Summit, I would highly recommend the Viper, I'am almost 50 and can still spend the whole day in this stand :rockon: Extreamlly confortable and only weighs about 18 lbs.

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I have the Cobra and love it. I am looking to get the xt. Tkx for the info and God Bless HS

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

With its shorter ATA I would think it would be fantastic in a climber. But I only hunt from ladder stands or ground blinds so I'm not sure. You'll love the bow HS:rockon:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have shot my original Switchback out of a viper and have no problems....the original is like 2-3 inches longer than the XT....you should have no problem....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006