yeah I know this off topic but......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 29, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so today I was working on my 89 Ford Dumptruck......and am having some issues w/the wireing......the problems are RUST AND RUST.....:frusty:

so does anyone by chance have a wireing harness they may want to get rid of??

its a 89 F250 5.8 liter 4x4
    dual tanks.....

maybe sombody knows of a website like this that is about trucks and cars.....

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

What mint your troubles be? issues? Sights you are looking for are all over the net. Used car parts.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh the troubles are rust and rust.....the wireing is in bad shape....seems every time i try and make her run a little better IE tune up.....something else goes wrong w/it.....

I broke off a damb spark plug in the hole today......:frusty:

I did find a Ford forum website....

its stupid, that there is no company out there making complete wireing harness's for trucks......BESIDES jeep......

4. QSA

Man do I have to come up there and take away your tools lol. That is on thing I real love about the south. No rusty cars

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah I know.....the guy used a sander in the back of this truck before I got it....:doh:

6. QSA

a DA? sanding the rust off? lol or spreading it? lol sling salt lol

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sander as in to sand the roads for traction.....:frusty:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Just buy a new truck. Alot less headaches.:laugh:

9. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

A f250 isn't adump truck, It's a pickup that unloads your stuff all by itself.:laugh: Sorry buddy. Let it die man.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I cant I need it til the spring......:doh:

11. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Try eternet search for "Painless wireing". Think I seen it on one of those 4by4 how to shows.

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes... But only for very specific vehicles. Painless Wiring has a bunch of different wiring harnesses but you almost need to have a collectible or a mainstream 'cult' vehicle (like a Jeep) to get a harness for. They are also very expensive but worth the price if you're doing a vehicle restore.

Good luck with that. I tinker with vehicles myself, including my Jeep, and a lot of time you just need to do your own wiring.

#1 reason for electrical problems is lack of ground... Check your ground wiring and body to chassis ground straps and ground straps between the engine and chassis. Then check the local ground at lights, dash, instrument panel, etc... Eventually you will find the culprit and fix it.

#2 reason for electrical problems is a short to ground. If you're battery is not dying and/or fuses not blowing it's likely reason #1.

Rust/corrosion kills ground connections bigtime. I cannot emphasize that more. In fact I'll say it again: Rust/corrosion kills ground connections bigtime. :laugh:

Good luck man... Vehicle electrical issues are the biggest vehicle issues of all, in my experience...

Ron

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You need a trip to Harry's u pull it! Guranteed they will have what you need and it'll cost ya about the same in gas to get there as it will to get the parts

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey take a look and see if they have a hole f 250 parts truck.....:laugh:

15. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

Are your electrical problems in specfic system? Like charging system, lights, engine sensors etc. :noidea:

16. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes its in the system known

as the wireing harness.....:laugh: :laugh:

18. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

A complete wiring harnesses consist of several smaller harnesses. There is a body harness that is for lights, fuel gauge sending unit and fuel pump etc. Then there is an engine harness that connects sensors, charging and starting systems, injectors and there is the interior stuff like the dashboard, dome lights, speakers and sometimes there is a seperate transmission harness. What kind of trouble are you having?

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I highlighted the areas I am having issues with........::frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

not sure how much more clear I can be JOE.......

if I ever get that spark plug that broke out.......:doh:

20. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

Changing the entire wire harness is a pain in the %$# :censored: Unless this truck was submerged in water I find it hard to believe the ENTIRE harness is bad. As far as the plug is concerned you might have to take the head off:frusty: If you are doing it yourself it is alot of time to put into a 20 year truck. If you are going to have it done expect to shell out some bucks and unless you got a primo electrical guy I would expect some quirky electrical problems missing just one ground wire can give all kinds of problems.