Yes another newbie to Archer and this site...

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by chelleo, Mar 15, 2007.

1. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Hello guys and gals...from here in sunny northern California. Back about 35 yrs ago...I took archery for a PE class in college...that was the last time I used a bow. My hubby deceided to drag out his old Bear bow a few weeks ago and guess who got the new bow ...hehe...that worked well for me. The only problem was that the shop sold me a bow that I would not have gotten today knowing what I know. They sold me a Browning Discovery which is a nice little bow...but no letoff and my old bones can't take that too well.

I'll probably sell the Browning bow and the attachments that I have on it after I get my new bow...which is listed in my signature. I will only be doing target shooting so I wanted to go with the best I could get and the goodies to go with it. I have already gotten some great info from this site which I just happened upon after I spent gobs of money with Chris and Kris who were very patient and helpful.

For those new folks to the sport....maybe see if you can find a club and that makes things much more fun and you can get lots of advice etc from the folks there. Hubby and I went yesterday to one of our local groups and I had a blast. It was there "league" night and they made me shoot...and suprised me I didn't do too badly considering I havent really done much shooting since I got this little bow. I am really looking forward to next week so I can try and better my scores. One thing that is fantastic about our group...they let you use the range whenever you want. They gave us the key and codes for the alarms and we can go whenever we wish.

I'm looking forward to getting even more addicted to this sport :cool: and especially when I get my new Hoyt.

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

:welcome: sounds like your off to a great start!! Keep shooting and your scores will go up up up!!!

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome to the forum Chelleo. Maybe you and Wheels can get together for some targets.:peace:

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

WooHoo, another lady and she's close to me, maybe :noidea:
    :welcome: and how far south are you? I am way up in Red Bluff.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I just hope it dont turn into "girls gone wild archery":laugh: :laugh:

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

watch out, we are going to take over:peace:

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Now that Girls Gone wild thing...hmmmm Not gonna happen. Those arrows have sharp points silly boys...

Shanon I'm just north of Golden Gate Bridge...San Rafael..pretty far from Red Bluff, but yes the ladies shall take over muahhaaaaa.....

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Now girls no fair double teamin up on us fellars.:biggrin1: HS:smokin:

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

chelleo, you should join us in our shooten league. Check it out in the tournament section :biggrin1:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

We could be in BIG TROUBLE my southern brother.:peace:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nah him and cuz byte.....are taking part in Brokeback Archery.....:tape:

12. ByteMe

ByteMe Senior Member

What!!!

I heard you trademarked "Bowback Mountain" which would explain you in the fishnets and frenchmaid outfit :laugh: